gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 06:54:55 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pirate Bay told, Close down in Holland …
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pirate Bay told, Close down in Holland …  (Read 475 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Pirate Bay told, Close down in Holland …
« on: July 31, 2009, 03:21:57 pm »
http://www.p2pnet.net/story/26043

A Dutch judge has ordered The Pirate Bay to shut down in The Netherlands.

“The anti-piracy organisation BREIN filed a suit against The Pirate Bay, saying it is responsible for millions of copyright infringements on a daily basis. Traffic to and from The Netherlands must be blocked within 10 days, and if they fail to do so, the company co-founders Gottfrid Svartholm Warg, Peter Sunde Kolmsioppi and Fredrik Neij will be ordered to pay $42,300 per day in penalties,” says NME, going on:

“The men say they have never received a summons, were unaware of the case being brought against them and will appeal the ruling.”

Pirate Bay spokesman Peter Sunde told TorrentFreak he and his two fellow TPB operators will appeal the decision, and that they’re now looking for a lawyer.

“Interestingly, the verdict claims that The Pirate Bay doesn’t have a registered owner, but holds the three accused responsible for it,” says the story, adding the site is owned by a company called Reservella, “and not any of the defendants named in the case”.

Sweden’s Global Gaming Factory X is currently in the process of acquiring TPB and if it succeeds, is thinking about renaming itself as — The Pirate Bay.

I can see this story is going to run and run.  :sleepy:

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Re: Pirate Bay told, Close down in Holland …
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 04:29:19 pm »
Hey! Don't do that!

.... yawning is contagios! :sleepy:

As for the story. Meh.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pirate Bay told, Close down in Holland …

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx