gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:03:13 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pirate Bay Spokesman Calls it Quits
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pirate Bay Spokesman Calls it Quits  (Read 527 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Pirate Bay Spokesman Calls it Quits
« on: August 07, 2009, 08:16:06 am »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...ay-peter-sunde

Three months after being sentenced to prison and fined £600,000, one of the men in the Pirate Bay trial says he is stepping down from his job as the site's spokesman.

Thirty year old Peter Sunde - known online as "brokep" - announced in a blog post that he was leaving the role, after a tumultuous period for the Swedish file sharing site.

It's not clear whether he is cutting his involvement with the site entirely, or just stepping down from being point man, but in a post on his blog, Sunde explained that his work with the Pirate Bay was too time-consuming. "I want to build something new and I want to focus my energy in a different direction. I have projects waiting to be finished, a book is waiting to be finalized and many more books are waiting to be read".

Although he was not one of the Pirate Bay's founders, Sunde - who holds Norwegian and Finnish citizenship - became involved early on and soon became the public face of the site. He often handed out dismissive or absurd rejoinders to those who attacked the operation, and in 2007 he told me in an interview in Malmo that "I don't like the word untouchable, but we feel pretty safe".

Do I note signs of leaving a sinking ship?  :yes:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pirate Bay Spokesman Calls it Quits

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx