gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:03:43 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Title Too Large to d/l
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Title Too Large to d/l  (Read 1111 times)

Offline boneheadbassboy

• Forum Member
Title Too Large to d/l
« on: September 02, 2009, 02:50:00 am »
 Sometimes I get a message that the Title of a download is to o large. Is there any way to fix this

Thanks
                                           Don

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Re: Title Too Large to d/l
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 03:09:09 am »
Is this once you've downloaded it onto your machine or just when trying to download a file with a long name? And what operating system are you on? Seems like I remember something about this being an issue only on pre NT based operating systems like Windows ME or Win 98. I could be wrong there so don't quote me and if that's the case I'll try and look up some fix info as I know I've seen this issue posted before. It's just been a while.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 03:20:27 am »
Ok I found the previous post from about 3 years back and apparently it may have to do with the path to file along with the file name itself having too many characters together.

the extra numbers at the end of the filename contain the file hash+size, so when winmx restarts it knows the file details and is able to resume the file, the incomplete filename being longer like that can also cause a problem (in your case that could be the problem) but in many cases it's because people have a long path like "c:\documents and settings\some username\my documents\my music"

btw the limit is commonly 256 characters, however it varies depending on the specific operating system and filesystem

if a filename is too long and you already use a short path then just use manually download and select a different filename to save it to, works just fine :-) (except for the fact that winmx can't automatically find it to import incompletes... a minor problem)

So it seems I was wrong about the pre NT part but this should help you fix the problem now and for in the future.

The link where this was posted is https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=2227.0.html
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline boneheadbassboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 03:19:15 am »
   Thank You!

Don

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Title Too Large to d/l

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx