gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 19, 2024, 03:14:25 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  8 year ago Today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 8 year ago Today  (Read 698 times)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
8 year ago Today
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:08:33 pm »
In this time we remember what has happened. I have decided to post this here as the home page was changed already. Also sometimes it is better to remember it on here as well.

The picture was found by cobra and finished with a boarder and words so we could remember this day.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline »Kîttµm§«

• Forum Member
  • »Kîttµm§«
Re: 8 year ago Today
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 03:01:51 pm »
 We Will Never Forget !!  :cry:
·;·Fàñçý Méòw·;· :p

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 06:15:58 pm »
I know we pick this day each year to underscore the loss of life on sept 11th but I also feel we should continue this day to look at other aspects of good and bad,for instance the selfless actions of folks who aid others in dire need and with risk to their own safety and of course mourn the loss of those who have paid the ultimate price, their lives, to mindless and unnecessary violence.

We will never forget the twin towers for sure but also let us remember that for some each day is a september the 11th in their land and violence can never be allowed to win, instead we can all make a difference by facing off hate with discussion understanding and forgiveness, and as we all learn at school a kind act wil always transcend any division and stifle those who seek to divide.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 08:06:37 pm »
I remember being almost to work when the first plane hit and the news broadcasted about it and thinking damn that's terrible. And then I remember just as I came in the building to work someone said another one had hit and it was like right then you knew what was happening and that someone had attacked us. And then I remember the horrible images of people jumping from the towers to their deaths and that the media just kept playing it over and over and I finally broke down and cried and just had to turn my tv off because I couldn't take watching it anymore. And then I had several nightmares about individual parts of the entire scene that unfolded that day for several months after. That was all bad enough but I remember most the firemen and the police officers they said have given their lives that day to go in and rescue people and I remember being glad that we had everyday ordinary heroes like that in this country and being glad to know that people still cared enough to risk their lives for others when facing impending doom. Thank you to every person who risked their lives that day. God bless all of you who died without knowing the reason or the cause, you will never be forgotten. And God please forgive all who tresspass against us and let them be shown the error of their ways and I hope that all who died that day be well with you in your arms. It was a terrible thing that happened that day but if nothing else it showed us there were still angels among us. R.I.P.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 04:13:19 am »
Words alone cannot convey my feelings on and for this day and those that followed. Just thinking about it now brings up a world of emotions all at once:

Sadness while watching the TV while events unfolded and remembering them again today.

Anger when many claimed it was all just a conspiracy set up by President Bush in order to give him an excuse to take the steps that he did.

Pride when it seemed as if the whole nation gathered together to help those who seemed to be the most in need at that moment

Frustration when people use the past events as a reason to argue over the issues as if they have lost all focus or only care about trying to make the other "side" look like the bad guy and themselves the better man just because of upcoming elections.

Sorrow that many in the United States seem to have lost their way treating this day as "just another day" seeing no point in taking time to remember those who died, those who are our Heros, and those who continue to flight for us on a daily basis.

...and last, but not least...

Thankfulness that, despite the terror that happened on that day, I still live in a country that allows so many freedoms that we often take for granted just because we are used to having them.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  8 year ago Today

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx