gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 07, 2024, 04:30:17 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  sharing files problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: sharing files problem  (Read 1673 times)

Offline UncleJoe

• Forum Member
sharing files problem
« on: September 13, 2009, 01:44:03 pm »
Hi,
I've my mp3-files in one directory My Music on an external drive, connected over USB. All files are sorted in subdirectories by artist and then by album.
When I want to share these files by clicking "add folder" and choose the main directory "my music", and mark "audio" and  "include sub-folders", the main directory appears in the library window, but shows 0 files (where it should be over 8000). The same issue on adding the "artist" sub-directory. Only adding a folder on the lowest level (album) makes the music files adding in the library. But repeating this for over 800 albums, makes a long work.  :gum:

Any one can help on this ?
I work with WinMX 3.54 beta 4 on a Windows XP SP3.  Is it a problem with the library database and remove the lib4.dat will help ? If so, can I remove the lib4.dat file without exiting WinMX or does WinMX to be shut down before doing so ?

Any help welcome 

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
Re: sharing files problem
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 02:34:29 pm »
hi there,

"my music" is probably just a shortcut on your machine, i would try using the actual path instead starting with the drive name the main folder is on
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline UncleJoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 02:51:06 pm »
Thx for the reply, but it's not a shortcut.  When I add the folder, I browse to the directory K:\my music (with K the drive letter of my external drive)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:29:37 am »
Are your music file extensions .mp3? When you choose audio types, not all the formats are in the box u may have to add some, such as .flac or whatever. You can try that from the library settings. Also, 8000 files may not show, there's a limit of 5000 on secondary I believe.

Offline UncleJoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 07:43:47 pm »
All concerned files are mp3. Adding folders is working fine on the lowest folder level (the "album" folder containing the music files) in the folder tree. WinMX is not adding any files when I choose a main folder, f.e. "artist", with sub-folders "albums" included. I tried the following : I copied 10 mp3-files from the lowest directory into the top directory. Then I choose "add folder" in the library and choose the top folder, with sub-folders included. The 10 files in the top directory are added in the library. The same 10 files in the sub-directory didn't appear. It's as the library doesn't recognize the folder system ?!? The same phenomenon happens if I want to add pictures (*.jpg) : only pictures in the top directory are added. Those in the sub-folders aren't.  So it is not mp3 specific. I expect some problem with WinMX recognizing a folder tree ?

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 07:57:19 pm »
Try and reinstall WinMX. It could be a small glitch. My music and movies are setup the same way you have them, and my WinMX can pick them up with no problem.

Aslo, if you are not using the most recent version (3.54 b4), I would suggest updating to that version. 3.54 b4 has many bug fixes in it.

Offline UncleJoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 08:44:42 pm »
Uninstalled 3.54 beta and reinstalled 3.54 beta : nothing has changed, same files appear, all others don't.

Offline UncleJoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 10:00:23 pm »
Hello everyone,
meanwhile the problem is solved. It wasn't a WinMX problem but one way or another, the folder attributes were changed in Windows and had the attribute S (system folder). I removed this and all folders, subfolders and mp3 appeared in the library.

Thx to everyone who tried to help me

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 07:47:19 am »
that's great Uncle Joe, thanks for letting us know
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 11:41:03 pm »
Hello everyone,
meanwhile the problem is solved. It wasn't a WinMX problem but one way or another, the folder attributes were changed in Windows and had the attribute S (system folder). I removed this and all folders, subfolders and mp3 appeared in the library.

Thx to everyone who tried to help me

You use windows media player 11? Because it did that to me also. You can make a new folder with the same name and put the files in it and delete the old and they'll show also. *Would recommend uninstalling wmp 11 and switching to winamp or some other media player.  If you leave wmp installed, as long as it can modify those folders it will keep doing that. To remove it go to control panel/add/remove programs/remove windows componants. Good luck.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  sharing files problem

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx