gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 03:03:15 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Stop Press Stop Press - Logs galore!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Stop Press Stop Press - Logs galore!!!  (Read 4216 times)

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Stop Press Stop Press - Logs galore!!!
« on: October 30, 2005, 11:31:40 am »
http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6302

Dont miss out on this one folks, a real gem including KM's:

take over Winmx
change name
sneak in new client
crush them

I wont bother to post the exact quotes as the FULL logs are on the above link and they make such a good read i wouldnt wish to deprive anyone.

:D

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 03:03:34 pm »
Cheers Nobby you scooped me I often like a small quote on the article though  :)

As as person involved in some of the activity reffered to I will not make any gasoline style statements as I have no wish to continue any childish battles that will serve no purpose.

Anyone wishing to comment on this may do so here as Vladd has locked the thread on his forum to stop anyone answering his charges, please keep it productive folks as it will not help anyone to hurl abuse.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 03:28:31 pm »
I would like to say this is interesting reading, but I find that its not even that.  I have but one thing to say on this.

Action speaks louder then words ever will.

Our views, 'agenda' and actions have not changed, our focus here has not changed.

KM

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 03:56:05 pm »
i think the logs speak for themselves and i encourage users to read for yourselves and make up your own mind, i would especially draw your attention to the 2 sections that i initially quoted as those are the 2 most relevant pieces of the conversation, those bits with vladd saying why he was keeping his website offline

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 06:03:52 pm »
BRAVO BRAVO

well done mr nobby and mr vladd
great job in all of a sudden throwing around as much crap as you can in the last 48 hours.
strange how all of a sudden this is happening now???
just a few hours b4 team pies  31st oct deadline...(even though vladd has been asked many times in the past weeks to join in)
but as mentioned above actions speak louder then words
for some strange reason i wait for tomorrows deadline with a twisted sort of excitement  (the rise or fall of team pie) almost better then tele
but please next time you wish to decide to effect my desion to chose whom i trust make sure the logs show km addmitting to actualy doing something wrong..
with that i take my leave back to winmx to have some fun,
and yes i did say fun   something you seem to have forgot to remember in all of this.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 06:36:31 pm »
I guess none of you read the parts about taking over winmx, sneaking in a new client, assigning a new name, and crushing the opposition, at least 3 of the four issues Winmxworld and their supporters have been constantly attacking Pie for doing, and now it turns out it was KM's intention to do all of the above, a truely eye opening read.

Still, i guess there will be no more Winmxworld/group backed attacks against Pie on any of these issue anymore. So thanks for undermining your own team KM, slick move.

As for site attacks, well KM keeps drawing users attention to certain parts of a log, completely missing Vladd actual statment, so just to refresh the memory and to satisfiy Ghosts craving for a little quote:

Vladd wrote:

So go back to your flame posts and thread, demonize at will, but dont do so under the deulsion that I will never react. I may give more leeway than most forums, but when I do react, it will typically be one you find unpleasant, such as the word replace that got KM riled up enough to use WinMX as a weapon against me.

Seems clear enough to me who he blames for the attacks on his site.

He also says:

Vladd wrote:
if the owner of winmxgroup-.com has nothing to hide, then please by all means feel free to share your traffic logs with Noam. While he is someone who has had clear KM preferences in the past, he is someone I trust enough to share the same information with.

I look forward to seeing what the full logs have to say on the matter, but from the little i looked at they didnt look like they were gonna make KM look too good.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 06:40:17 pm »
Quote from: TheMacDaddy
make sure the logs show km addmitting to actualy doing something wrong..

lol yeah right, u were no doubt hoping for a log of Km saying ha ha Vladd i got your site good??

Km, could you assist here and provide Mac with a signed confession please, i would be ever so grateful  :wink:

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 06:51:15 pm »
Yes Nobby we can read, and we are still not impressed.  But your sounding desperate to prove something I have to say.

On to more important issues...as you already admit, your sole purpose is to waste our time..

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 07:02:55 pm »
well nobby you fail to notice one thing here..
i am old enough to
1. read
2. make up my own mind
i recall most of team pie doing very much the same as this not to long ago when a certain log of a meeting was released..
how clever to open a topic on sheep related jokes   swift move  :D
its still also amazes me how the refrence to the search and destroy of the .dll and its removal has been explained away to?
but then again its easy to turn our backs on the real issues here by running around in circles fighting with each other and as i have said once b4 having a pissing contest.
and with that i will post no more on any of these types of posts which try to slander each other
i to have more pressing issues that i can channel my energy towards

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 07:40:37 pm »
i need not slander, just think its kind of ironic, a load of the major points you guys have gone to great lengths to contest with Pie, was supported by KM all along, u will note though, im not childish enough to flood your forum with threads like Open letter to Km - dont hijack winmx, so km, a nice person, Killer .dll, and so on and so forth :D

Still, Ghost has withdrawn most of his and KM has now made most of the others a nonsense.

KM

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 04:53:46 am »
it makes no sense to me, how vladd could possibly have made the mistake of doing that, i thought he was at least smart enough to realise the effect of posting that log, and why i was looking for an excuse to get it posted... lol

the funny thing is that he's now made the exact same mistake twice, releasing logs pretending they support what he is saying, but when people read them they can see straight away that it shows the exact opposite... lol

i wonder which logs vladd will be releasing next, i look forward to it :-) (i'm hoping its one where he says he wants to force people to install spyware, then releases it as proof that he hates spyware, that would be a good followup :-))

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 06:18:56 am »
lmao KM, i was kinda more hoping for the ones that show you attacked the site, but the spyware ones sound fun too :D

Anyway, comon KM you dont have time to post, get back to "taking over winmx"  ;)

KM

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 09:14:00 am »
i have plenty of time to post in between sleeping and going to work, which is about all i have been doing for the last week, not much else needs doing in relation to winmx for now because when i quickly threw together a peer cache and patch i did them in a way that doesn't need any extra work done at all once released... well, there was that one small bug i had to fix but that was about it

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 10:19:03 am »
Well there you have Mac, i dont think KM has the time to write a confession, sorry about that, i tried  ;)

chuck

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 09:09:03 pm »
MX was Good posted this on vladd44.com and i find it to be verry strange indeed.

What i find odd about this all is the logs vladd has given here:

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6302

State: Session Start (vladd44@cox.net:kingmacro@kingmacro.net): Sat Sep 24 20:11:37 2005

And on Oct. 11th Pie had a meeting laying out their agenda and the need to get rid of the DILL. file.

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6098

And on or around Oct.12th the MXpie domain was bought.

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6095

The only thing i see is km telling vladd how to take over mx.
As you can see , close to every thing km said was put in to action soon after that convo. on September by the pie team.
The logs are nice and all but all they show is what someone may or may not have said but the posts on this fourm show verry well what actions the pie team has taken and in what order it was taken.

After looking it  is backed up by the posts of their own forum.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 06:17:31 am »
lmao Chuck, good one

1. Getting rid of a patch that was causing thousands of ppl to the channel for help hmmmm yep i didnt see a log of km "telling" us to do this, it was done because the 2 patches wont work together and at the time the .dll was not working for ALOT of people.

2. Change the name? wow only km coulda thought of that? Comon, read the license agreement in your winmx, that name isnt ours and nor is the site domain.

3. As for "taking" over winmx thats never been the intention, however should MXpie become the most popular method for users to reconnect no doubt you would blame our success as a "take over" anyway, so we cant win, if MXpie is not popular KM will control winmx, if we are more popular than his .dll MXpie will be accused of the same.

This was how all this silly fighting got started, the enlighted folks at MXpie, could see we would need a new name, a new domain, and eventually a new client, well some folks over here didnt like that idea, told us "not to Hijack" winmx, and to "leave winmx alone" etc etc in fact they went to huge lengths to get this message out for all to see, only trouble is, MXpie was simply taking the logical and nessacary path, and i hate to say it but KM's shown himself as an enlightened person, making some of his team look like hypocrits along the way, but such is life, i doubt he will loose sleep over that.  :D

chuck

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 07:01:47 am »
Nobby
  Im sorry i dont really see your point here all i see is km saying something one day in a chat with vladd and with in a few days vladd and  the pie team doing it.No way around the facts its there for all to see. I dont care if you cant see it or dont want to see it its there.
 I do know that what ever patch a person uses that there will never be the number of users that once was .If all i wanted out of Mx was the chat id never downloaded it id just have used nushi. With out good files to download Mx is useless to me and many others , you may need to just chat but the most of P2P users dont really need it . I understand you are vladds friend and that you think he has done no wrong but in the past he has  and i dont trust him.
Understand im not saying Km hasnt done no wrong or that i trust him all that much , but i will say where vladd will never face up to his past Km has never hid and that  i like about him over vladd. If all you were trying to promote has the patch and you called it MXpie patch and bought MXpie Patch .com id say thats fine but all you and team pie is doing is takeing over a program no way around it. Nothing in any thing you say is MXpie patch its MXpie. well MXpie with out MX is really nothing is it? But really who cares Nobby .You need to spend you time trying to get new users and not  spamming another forum with  some thing thats really yesterdays news. Move on , shame they dont have a  place on this forum so they could move post to and hide them as well .

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 07:31:49 am »
Chuck

Posts dont get moved here, users are simply banned or threatened with being banned.

All i am saying about KM's comments, that Winmx would need a new name, a new domain, and a new client, is that ANYONE with any common sense would come up with exactly the same conclusion.

If you show person 1 a  car and ask them what it is, they will say, its a car, if you then show it to someone else, they will also tell you its a car, but not because they have followed person 1's wisdom, but simply because what they see infront of them is a car.

Same deal.

chuck

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 07:57:53 am »
nobby you miss what im saying really you cant rename mx you have no right to,and as far as the doman again you have no right to, as far as a new client again you have no right to.You have told people to  read the EUL of mx many times you may need to read it again it tells you all 3 things ive just said you , have no right too. Anyone with common sense can see it when they read it no 3rd party programs and that is all your are doing . I find it fynny you try to justify what your doing by telly people you cant do it but in fact you are.
What im i missing here? Its one thing to call it a patch for the use of connecting to mx its another to call it mxpie.Once again i dont care but dont try to bs me on we had to read the EUL and then when i read it it says no 3rd pary programs and then tell me i didnt read it right .
 Any renameing of a closed source program is hijacking ,any redrecting of a domain is hijacking,If i had a page and called it vladd44.com small v and hosted it would you think that was ok?you see you cant just add a pie to things and say its ok to do so.You can say its a patch to help connect and that is ok but i dont expect you to understand this its ok.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 10:55:24 am »
Quote from: chuck

What im i missing here?

Ok chuck lets walk through this:

- Winmx is owned by FC we cannot rename that peice of software and are not trying to.

- www.winmx.com is also owned by frontcode so we cant use that now can we.

- the Pie patch needed a home, vladd44.com is NOT the home of the Pie patch, so going with the Pie theme we chose www.MXpie.com

- KM's has done something similar, he has chosen www.winmxgroup.com as the base for his .dll

You with me so far??

Should at a later date a new client be written by either MXpie team, KM or anyone else, they wont be able to use the name Winmx as per the license i refered too. I'm not sure if KM is working on such a project, perhaps is he is he will call it KMX ?  likewise should the Pie team release a new client i would expect it to be called MXpie

Its important as both groups recognise, that solutions and ongoing releases have a home, it will in the longer term no doubt form a part of ongoing publicity work, to reach those millions who so far still believe the network to be dead.

You will note, neither team has the source code to Winmx.

I hope that clarifys things.   :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Stop Press Stop Press - Logs galore!!!

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx