gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 11:49:23 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A notice to BT Broadband Customers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A notice to BT Broadband Customers  (Read 739 times)

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
A notice to BT Broadband Customers
« on: September 17, 2009, 01:02:56 pm »
If you are a BT Broadband Customer and are experiencing slow loading of Webpages or Downloads timing out or vice virsa, then you will need to call BT. I have been having slow downloads and webpages timing out and called BT only to find out that they are having some problems with their DNS servers.

The Technician I spoke to gave me two DNS Enteries to try and everything is now working great. The only funny side of this I see is that you would expect BT and their Technicians to hardly have DNS problems or for that matter any other problems.

System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: A notice to BT Broadband Customers
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 01:12:07 pm »
have, and always will use opendns for any pc i ever come into contact with. No ISP is depicting what sites i can visit and where. At the end of the day, albeit i bet they would be too scared to do it. But what if you visited a competitors website, are you actually seeing the correct site? are they monitoring and then targeting you with phone calls of cheaper services so you dont jump ship??

Sure call me paranoid but all of that is possible, including that phorm crap BT where considering all used their DNS servers. Open DNS was brought to my attention when the Netherlands ISP blocked the pirate bay. They beat it by using different DNS servers notably OpenDNS. Take some power away from your ISP and use opendns, not to mention the fact they are a hell of alot faster and more up-to-date than most ISP's including my own.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
Re: A notice to BT Broadband Customers
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 03:09:55 pm »
I will have to try that Tiny. I never even thought about using different DNS Servers untill today. With the money I am paying for my Internet I would have thought that they would have had better DNS Servers.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A notice to BT Broadband Customers

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx