gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 07:09:30 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  zip.mp3
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: zip.mp3  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
zip.mp3
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:14:06 pm »
I downloaded a file like this: 'albumtitle.zip.mp3'

I figured I should delete the 'mp3' part of the title and then unzip it. I was then shown a box saying I had to enter the password to unlock it. Naturally the seeder didn't provide any password and messaging him was, of course, blocked by privacy settings.

Can anyone say how this album is supposed to be accessed? Thanks.

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
Re: zip.mp3
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 02:38:37 pm »
i wouldnt recommend opening that file, could contain a virus, best thing to do is get a different copy

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 06:39:11 pm »
Okay, thanks; it's for the bin.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 08:12:20 pm »
it could contain anything i can agree to that (any rar  or zip etc could, thats why winmx has the warning for downloading those but i download lots of these password protected rars and zips on a different network

if it plays as an mp3 it 's probably what you thought it was ( separate tracks and maybe the cover included, also there could be some files containing info about some forum or group to join like .txt .info files)

now alot of these files have the password in the title, often a forum url (at least the ones i downloaded in the past), maybe there also some password finder for zip files but i m not sure about all that

there 's no way to know before you open it if it is dangerous unless a virus checker sees whats inside but if it plays as an .mp3 i think it contains mp3, if there are other files in there (like an exe or something) too i would start getting suspicious and carefull ... most of all not curious

probably the winmx user did not know what to do with it either but just shared it because it played, at least thats what i think  ;)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 01:49:34 am »
I'm sure you guys know that as long as a trojan is in the zip or rar file it's fine and not active or doing anything. It's if/when you remove it from the zip or rar it goes work doing what it's supposed to do. Not saying it's wise to go playing with it but as a rule and as I've seen to date and I've downloaded plenty of crack files with trojans in them and as long as I leave them there or just delete them from the zip or rar they never show up on my machine.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  zip.mp3

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx