gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:19:31 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Vista in "less good product" shocker
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vista in "less good product" shocker  (Read 1045 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Vista in "less good product" shocker
« on: September 20, 2009, 09:23:59 am »
http://itsneak.v3.co.uk/

In a remarkable and some might say all-too-fleeting display of honesty, a senior Microsoft executive has branded Vista a "less good product".

According to reports, the shocking revelation was made by Charles Songhurst, Microsoft's general manager of corporate strategy, at an investor's conference.

"What people underestimate is the importance of good or bad products," he is reported by those who could be bothered to sit through the entire thing, as saying.

"And sometimes your products are good, sometimes the products are bad. And I think Vista was a less good product for Microsoft."

Less good? Presumably Songhurst was hinting at what analysts, investors, and more importantly, users, have known for quite some time - that Vista is a bloaty, slow, underwhelming operating system which has failed to supplant XP in most organisations.

Although Microsoft has acknowledged in the past that mistakes have been made with the OS, it has never been so outspoken in its criticism of the software.

However, before anyone believes this remark represents the turning over of a gloriously candid new leaf, think again. Songhurst went on to sing the praises of Redmond's next attempt, the "extremely good" and "brilliantly developed" Windows 7.

I suppose all you can say is "better late than never". It's a pity they didn't come to that conclusion before parting a lot of people from their money.  8)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Re: Vista in "less good product" shocker
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 03:53:54 am »
Marketing ploy. He is Microsoft. No way he believes it's "less good". A lot of people use it. like it, and love it. I was one of those people. "We know it's less good" "Now go ut and buy a copy of our newest operating system"

I personally believe that last sentence should read "Now go ut and buy a copy of our new and marginally operating system that is based on our less good operating system but expanded and hopefully improved and if there are issues we hope you don't notice them too quickly He's not being honest. He's just throwing out a weak sales pitch."
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Vista in "less good product" shocker

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx