gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 02:59:44 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  INCOMING USERS CAN'T CONNECT
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: INCOMING USERS CAN'T CONNECT  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Nad_222

• Forum Member
INCOMING USERS CAN'T CONNECT
« on: September 20, 2009, 09:09:12 pm »
:x grrr-r-r-r-r . . .

Help!! . . . I have used WinMX before and never had any problems, but I just did a new reload and now when I set it up I can get an outgoing connection, but no one can get an incomming connection . . . it times out with the message "TIMED OUT (waiting for incoming conmnection)" . . .

I have reset my ports (a couple of times) . . . I tried setting my netwrok as a secondary and a primary . . . I added WinMX to my Windows XP firewall exceptions . . . and most importantly I installed the Win MX Community Patch 1.0 . . .

WHAT AM I MISSING . . . it must be something simple . . . but I guess I am . . . `cause I can't find it . . .

Nad   :cry:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: INCOMING USERS CAN'T CONNECT
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 11:02:27 pm »
Can I suggest you try the following routine and work your way through it Nad ?

First go to portforward.com and look for your router and manually forward the ports in it and at the same time follow the instructions to make your IP static (as if it changes you will encounter problems such as the type you describe), then  go to the location you have placed your copy of WinMX and the community patch into (normally  "program files\winmx\" and look for a file called "oledlg.ini", this file can be opened with Notepad and if you look down the list you will see an entry called  "/enableupnp 1", it may help if you try setting this to off like so "/enableupnp 0", this will turn off the automatic UPNP feature and in some cases can also help. Remeber if you change your ports for any reason that you will need to forward them again in the router.

You may need to remove all existing firewall entries for WinMX and wait till your computer asks you what to do as often this can be a problem also.
Please try rebooting after making all of the changes above and try WinMX again before heading straight back here  :)

Let us know how you get on Nad and hopefully we can help resolve this problem for you if this advice fails to do so,

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 03:30:58 am »
then  go to the location you have placed your copy of WinMX and the community patch into (normally  "program files\winmx\" and look for a file called "oledlg.ini", this file can be opened with Notepad and if you look down the list you will see an entry called  "/enableupnp 1", it may help if you try setting this to off like so "/enableupnp 0", this will turn off the automatic UPNP feature and in some cases can also help.

You may want to do that before you foward the ports again and I should mention you can only edit this file while WinMX is NOT running. Good luck.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:10:55 am »
There was a method to my order Nooks, I happen to know the port forward.com site has a nice page about setting up a fixed IP and this is the probable issue here so by following the list in the order I mentioned the problem would hopefully be resolved.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 12:15:26 pm »
Not that I disagree. I suppose this is my question then. If you foward with the upnp enabled, wouldn't the upnp turn right around and change the port config as soon as you started mx IF the upnp weren't disabled first? That was why I said something but now you've raised my curiousity.  :nerd:
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 01:22:28 pm »
The UPNP is dynamic so once MX is closed the rules evaporate.

I have found that some routers like UPNP and some dont so best to give both methods a try and use what works best for each individual user.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  INCOMING USERS CAN'T CONNECT

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx