gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 09:57:09 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  file in use???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: file in use???  (Read 3269 times)

Offline circe801

• Forum Member
file in use???
« on: October 02, 2009, 07:11:49 pm »

there are two video files i have downloaded over the last three days which i cannot change, move or delete, as when i try, i get "file in use/the action can't be completed because the file is open in another program.  close the program and try again".  i cannot close the program, as it is not open.   it is not in use anywhere, by anyone [at least, that i can see...].  it is not being uploaded, nor does task manager show any program open other than winmx.  the file is not virus-infected [as far as my ca security suite can find], there is no malware detected, and so on.  i've got my fingers crossed that this is not a big, weird problem [or if it is, that someone can assist in rectifying the situ], as one of the files keeps crashing divx--which is making me feel there's something wrong with the file.  BUT, the other file i can't move/change/delete was an exact duplicate of one i already have [which works fine], so i don't know... i've uninstalled and reinstalled divx, which helped nothing.  another odd thing is that some of the other avi files i've downloaded since this problem began will not open with divx [the default] OR wmp.  they'll only open with quicktime, which seems odd to me--and i rarely use quicktime anyway. that is another reason i reinstalled divx.  any advice, ye who know far more than i???

thanks in advance--
circe801

Offline circe801

• Forum Member
Re: file in use???
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 07:13:53 pm »

oops--i meant "no one is downloading it from me--it doesn't show in the upload pane", not "it is not being uploaded"... DUHR!
sorry. 

waiting for blessed knowledge...
circe801

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 07:48:57 pm »

If you've ever been unable to delete a file in Windows, and can't figure out what program's using it, Unlocker is the solution. Have you ever seen these Windows error messages?

* Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program
    * Cannot delete file: Access is denied
    * There has been a sharing violation.
    * The source or destination file may be in use.
    * The file is in use by another program or user.
    * Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Unlocker can help! Simply right-click the folder or file and select Unlocker. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of lockers will appear. Simply click Unlock All and you are done!

Download Link Below

http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

On That page on the right hand side you'll see a green down arrow... click that to download the program. it works very well and will allow you to move or delete the files. It won't help you play them though  lol

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 12:02:59 am »
Windows file indexing and Windows media info services are two of the "hidden" users of your media files.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  file in use???

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx