gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 12:55:49 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Dowmload Accelerators..... Any Available For WinMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dowmload Accelerators..... Any Available For WinMX  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Lupus

• Forum Member
Dowmload Accelerators..... Any Available For WinMX
« on: September 27, 2009, 01:22:37 pm »
I'm looking for a way to speed up my downloads. Ain't there some accelerator available for winmx? Like some plug-in?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Download Accelerators..... Any Available For WinMX
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 09:24:12 pm »
The short answer is no, and when you think about it its pretty simple to see why anyone claiming there is one is misleading you Lupus, all traffic on your computer goes via what windows and other operating systems call "sockets" and for the life of me I havent seen any "slow down" code ever written for them, the speed of your connection to others is limited by items such as poor connections, poor internet routing, your own or the uploaders ISP playing "throttling" games at various times of the day, the other WinMX user throttling their upload, what other items you have open that are using your bandwidth (browser, WOW) etc and many more but these are the keys factors to look at.

What many "download accelerators" actually do is set up more than one connection running concurrently each gathering a different section of the required file and for a web server based file this does indeed give the appearance of a faster connection but for peer to peer traffic based on two users home connections I,m sure you can see the logic of not gaining a gallon from a half gallon line, you cant use what isn't there.

So short answer no, but if you look around the net I,m sure someone will claim their spyware filled application works some kind of miracle, but between you and me rest assured it wont work as claimed.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: Dowmload Accelerators..... Any Available For WinMX
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 11:34:53 pm »
Well, the funny side of WinMx is it supports multipoint filetransfer, so in case you find a popular file and more than one user is uploading to you at the same time, your downloadspeed may exceed the individual uploadspeeds.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:44:10 pm »
Very sensible advice Wonderer  8)

Offline Lupus

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 07:29:54 am »
Thank you guys! :)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 08:13:51 am »
so if you want a certain file to search for available sources more than the other files then Auto Retry might be worth a try ;-), i m not sure if this is the best version but there one in the archive here... httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/Ze%20Assortment/

this little helper makes it possible to select upto 5 files (the max search) and give them search priority, also MX Monitor can make you sharing life a little easier but this will not speed up downloads (a look in the tutorial section may give you an idea what that can do exactly)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 09:36:54 am »
That particular tool also triggers off alarms at the anti flooding team  :lol:

Use it at your own risk.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 09:51:04 am »
i fail to see why that would happen because it does nothing more winmx allready does .. the user can just choose wich (max 5) files will have priority to search

what s the difference to winmx picking 5 searches at random?

also i ve use it alot, i dont see the risk nor the concequence

if only alarm bells would ring if a peercache was failing, that would be  a great reason to be smiling  hehehehe
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 05:54:36 pm »
umm.. I'm not sure what app everyone is speaking about but I fail to see any humor in the peer caches failing since the software I've released is connected to them. Am I even reading this right?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 06:31:15 pm »
hi raven,

this was just about Auto Retry and me not understanding what harm it does, making alarm bells sound at the anti-flooding team (if it was mallicious would it be in the archive?)

that last remark in my last post was more meant as a joke (along the line of "would n t it be great if the alarmbells would/could be ringing if something actually was wrong)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 07:01:57 pm »
Alright well I guess I didn't get "the joke" as I for one wouldn't be smiling if caches were failing and instead of going off topic with a debate on that I guess I'll go searching for the software myself and maybe come back with a comment.. or not.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 08:10:21 pm »
Ahh I get it now I think, it would be convenient if an alarm went off when a cache went down. I didn't really get what you were saying. I guess cause I check mine several times a day idk.

Anyways, I d/led the app but never bothered trying it because if it does attract flooders I don't want to risk it. I tend to believe it might by the way it behaves and I'm already getting slammed by them in the U.S. I think though it should have a warning with it like QuickMX does if it's a "use at your own risk" application.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 08:30:37 pm »
well that one actually was removed raven and for good reason

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 10:17:01 pm »
Indeed.. all I'm saying is a warning like that one there may be appropriate. Although one thing I've learned in this last year is the more you try and warn people about dangerous apps, the more they want to use them. Must be some kind of reverse psychology. When things go south though, at least you can say well you were warned. Right?

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 02:20:24 am »
In my humble opinion it is human to have a lack of common sense, how many don't believe a lit candle is hot and want to try that themselves  :S

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 09:48:21 am »
Just to clear up a point here, the app in question does not attract flooders but it will bring you to the attention of the block listing team because they also monitor for search flooding, this is another type of attack that we watch for after some activity in this sphere some months ago, this app will trigger a false positive, that is why I issued the warning, although we will thoroughly investigate all IP's before any action is taken and hopefully catch those who are not genuine attackers.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 10:23:29 am »
Well I knew the constant searching would cause some kind of issue but like I said I've never used it and don't intend to. Thanks for the heads up on this application.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Dowmload Accelerators..... Any Available For WinMX

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 26 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx