gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 03:06:03 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  I am producing a concert ...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I am producing a concert ...  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
I am producing a concert ...
« on: October 13, 2009, 06:58:14 pm »
I am co-producing a major concert which we are planning to present next year. By necessity I must be a bit mysterious as to what concert it is going to be, and where. Part of what we plan is to record a double CD before the concert, which can be released for sale at about the debut of the concert and be sold at the door. We are currently in negotiations with certain organizations to make this concert happen; however, I suspect they are accustomed to using the services of a record label that is represented by an affiliate of the RIAA.

My concern is that my co-producer knows nothing about the truth of the RIAA (and it's affiliates) and the labels it represents. I am very keen to persuade him to not sign with any of the RIAA labels, for ethical reasons. I will need to present a convincing case, but my knowledge of these things is not comprehensive. If I can convince my co-producer, then we can work together in resisting the attempts of others to get us to sign with an RIAA label.

I have been a participant in this forum for a long time and have read many threads describing the shenanigans the RIAA gets up to, but I am hoping to obtain a summary of what the RIAA does, to give to my co-producer. In particular I want to show him what the labels do in ripping off artists, spurious lawsuits, lying, thieving royalties, bribing judges and politicians, getting copyright laws changed to their exclusive benefit, and anything else that demonstrates dishonest conduct on their part.

I understand that I might be asking too much, and that I could go back over dozens of threads and extract the information, but  I will be grateful if anyone would like to help in exposing the labels and the RIAA.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  I am producing a concert ...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx