gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 08, 2024, 12:49:09 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A Spamming Problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Spamming Problem  (Read 7305 times)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: A Spamming Problem
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 08:46:42 am »
ok they are quick and are watching this thread,
in light of Pri's prox blocks, heres the latest one going rouns afew mins ago
[08:23 AM] GHOSTSHIP AKA QUICKS WE AT WINMXWORLD ARE NOW ORDERING ROOM HOSTS TO BLOCK A LIST OF PROXY IPS TO STOP THESPAMMERS AS WE OWN WINMX AND KNOW WHO THE SPAMMER IS SO NOW IF YOUR ISP ALLOCATES YOU ONE OF THESE IPS IN THE FUTURE ASTHEY WILL YOU WONT BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO WINMX OR ANY OF THE CHAT ROOMS SORRY BUT TOUGH LUCK

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 09:32:16 am »
What the spammer said made no sense at all because the only IP's listed in my blocks are Proxy servers which residential home users have no use for when accessing user rooms on WinMX. And they have no use for them because you use a Proxy to skirt around censorship and it is extremely unlikely that any government, school or work place would go to the trouble of blocking residential home lines where at-least 99% of WinMX Chat rooms are hosted from.

All this says to me is that the spammer is getting nervous.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 09:46:34 am »
I identified the main spammer last night btw folks but he refused to admit his guilt, threaten to sue me and basically made mention of this continuing to prove it wasn't him although I,m 96.999999 per cent certain it is, if hosts want to know more please read the host section, as I said in my other post above this alone proves its not the riaa in any case, I,m sure we can now focus a lot closer to home.

Reactor: If you have some information please let me see it as the more proof the better.

And as to the spammers claims I have ordered nothing as I have no authority to order anyone to do anything, we ask folks to do certain things at certain times for the good of the community but we don't run winmx and so whatever we say is merely in an advisory capacity, most of the older hands knows this but if your new here rest assured we do not run a dictatorship nor do we demand you follow our advice, its just better for all of the community if you use common sense with knowledge that we try our best to provide, in short we do have a list of IPs that hosts can block but no mention was made of anyone using them, the list was put up as part of a thread running in the host section so hosts can see the ranges of ips in use and take action to protect themselves if they chose and in that respect I didnt order or even hint at anyone using the list, its pretty obvious that this spammer is not only an annoyance to the rest of the community but a member of the host section as that thread was hidden from non hosts, this of course narrows the search down to 145 hosts and out of those only 3 have been online at the correct time to read that post, this guy isn't einstein folks  :lol:

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 09:54:38 am »
I can confirm reactors findings, it was me that matched the IP's originally in my own room. I then showed RReactor and he looked at his own logs for his room and confirmed that the spammer who was using a proxy matched the IP Address of a user in his room who was already confirmed he was who he claimed to be.

That is to say that a legitimate user in RReactors room was connected to the same proxy as the spammer a mere 60 seconds apart. We also know that both the spammer and the user are using a Proxy system whereby you don't necessary choose a proxy server but they are picked at random by the program itself which introduces doubt in to the 'Maybe its just a random coincidence' but also asks the question why a user who we know can access rooms unimpeded feels the need to use a Proxy to access the network at any and all eventuation.

I am not going to name names right now as we don't have any hard evidence and the user does deny they are the spammer but rreactor has logs if you want them and I can confirm their authentic.

BTW, can I get access to this Hosts section you speak of?  :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 10:03:59 am »
Can you please PM me your suspect and I will make the name public here if it matches the one I have already posted elsewhere on the site.

Offline MizBehavin

• MX Hosts
  • Winmx host
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 02:29:27 pm »
how do you get access to the host section
Im an angel honest the horns are just there to keep the halo up straight

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 02:51:21 pm »
Hey MizBehavin

I have added you. :D
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline MizBehavin

• MX Hosts
  • Winmx host
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 03:05:20 pm »
ty : )
Im an angel honest the horns are just there to keep the halo up straight

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 03:07:36 pm »
your welcome :D:D
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 03:29:53 pm »
I have been hearing strange rumours in the chatrooms regarding just who the spammer is and one name I can confirm it is not is Icedragon, he seems to have been using the same proxy program as the spammer to mask his IP but having known him for many years I feel safe in speaking up about just how he has become a suspect in the eyes of a few ppl, he makes no secret of the fact that he does indeed use this type of software and using the sytem it does it is possible to see the same IP used as the exit node, but all that aside the language used along with the fact he does not have access to areas of this site that the spammer reffered to directly in his spam I think is more than enough to clear his name from your lists.

Btw folks if you see anyone calling themselves me in your rooms then boot the fool as I have never visted any chatrooms as Ghostship as all the older users here will confirm along with the fact that I only ever visit our room :lol:

Take care all   8)

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 12:49:11 am »
Hi again, Fatty here. I don’t know if the spammer is aware of the real effect he’s having but I’ve seen a lot more chat on MX recently, I’ve spoken to people I haven’t seen in ages, and made a lot of new friends. The spammer may have intended to start a room war on MX but it appears to me that people are becoming closer and working together. I see he can no longer use foul language, a combination of block words and bot triggers have stopped that, so all’s that’s left for him to do is make people laugh with his attempts to stir trouble. I’ve noticed some rooms don’t even acknowledge him when he spamms, he’s like a silent fart …… everyone knows it’s there but nobody says anything, occasionally it makes people smile though….then it’s gone.

I have got a name for the spammer too, but I can’t say it because I have to kiss my misses with this mouth, at least once a year. No doubt I’ll be cloned again shortly after this post, and I’ll look forward to the good people of MX coming into my room afterwards.

Oh and is there any chance of getting access to the info on the host section ….. and if it’s not too much trouble can I have a bike and a train set too

Fatty
                                                     -xXx-

P.S. Them kisses are for the ladies, cause I don’t kiss fellers.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 07:49:15 am »
in terms of double-usage of IP's etc...

i observed in one room this line:   (spammername) has joined with (username) when the spammer joined the room...

unfo is available to fill in brackets if someone wants it
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 11:13:19 pm »
birdman has been accused of spamming when he himself has been cloned and has screen shot of person comming in DMZ room and leaving and returning with same ip but with birdshit name, since i see no way of posting this screen shot i will give you name and true ip of person doing the spamming, also they always use an emulator so i would suggest banning chat clients, i mean winmx is file share network not just a social network...birdman would of poster this himself but people jump the gun and banned him before he could prove it wasnt him (shame shame) Name  TML Magikal   ip  166.214.96.42  ban this ip, 

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 11:17:36 pm »
birdman has been accused of spamming when he himself has been cloned and has screen shot of person comming in DMZ room and leaving and returning with same ip but with birdshit name, since i see no way of posting this screen shot i will give you name and true ip of person doing the spamming, also they always use an emulator so i would suggest banning chat clients, i mean winmx is file share network not just a social network...birdman would of poster this himself but people jump the gun and banned him before he could prove it wasnt him (shame shame) Name  TML Magikal   ip  166.214.96.42  ban this ip,  

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 11:39:06 pm »
Junkiesmonkey:
this whole issue has been discussed, many names have been cloned, the spammers are using clients, not standard WinMX and they are using Proxied IP's

And Birdman does have a history of this behaviour...

Just remember that...

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 09:06:21 am »
just find it odd 4 rooms were spammed by this person 5 mins later  but with diffrent ip, and this was not a chat client or proxie ip doing the cloning but the fool on his mobile mycingular.net  network and i have notified att/cingular with persons ip had you bothered to look at screen shot you would have seen this

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 10:11:10 am »
Your screenshot doesnt show anyone spamming, just someone annoying Birdman by trying to clone his name in the room, the "drive-by" spamer never does that, an annoyance for sure but its not the same.

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 10:40:44 am »
and the fact that same name was used 5 mins later spamming just a conincidence, and the fact that since this ip has been banned in serveal rooms, and no ones been spammed since just a conindence also i guess,  who are you trying to protect us or the spammer?  he has to get the id from somewhere so first go clone then spam, any idiiot can figure that out!

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 10:50:45 am »
Monkey, if you can see it, look at the spammers hostname, his IP, the details of his name/tag...
dont jump to conclusions without ALL the information

The whole issue has been discussed and actions worked out by people with a lot of information available to them, and a lot of expertise in this matter, and a HELLUVA LOT of experience.

Basically, your response is what the spammer is hoping to trigger

Just remember that...

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 11:08:05 am »
"dont jump to conclusions without ALL the information"      so thats why birdman was banned because you have all the information

"The whole issue has been discussed and actions worked out by people with a lot of information available to them, and a lot of expertise in this matter, and a HELLUVA LOT of experience."
  meaning alot of talk and no action,   and still no spammers since ban of ip, but i'm sure you'll take credit for that too

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A Spamming Problem

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx