gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 03:41:57 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A Spamming Problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Spamming Problem  (Read 7271 times)

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
Re: A Spamming Problem
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 12:19:26 pm »
"dont jump to conclusions without ALL the information"      so thats why birdman was banned because you have all the information

"The whole issue has been discussed and actions worked out by people with a lot of information available to them, and a lot of expertise in this matter, and a HELLUVA LOT of experience."
  meaning alot of talk and no action,   and still no spammers since ban of ip, but i'm sure you'll take credit for that too

Please calm down. WinMXWorld cannot do anything to stop the spamming. It is up to the hosts. WinMXWorld can give advice based on experience but it is up to the hosts to decide if that information is accurate or workable. Give them some slack.

Offline ripper

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 02:21:51 pm »
This spammer has come into the room I am in for the past 6-7 days..with about 15 different proxied ips.I can give the names(which he clones anyways) and the ips if you would like :)

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 02:40:59 pm »
Here is my solution: http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php?topic=1863.msg2392#msg2392
Pass it around as you see fit. There are two solutions. One for Metis and one for PG2 both are present on the page above.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 04:18:51 pm »
junkiesmonkey,

Why you would say all of that is just rude. When you first click on the Chat button in WinMX, a windows will pop up and show you a warning. Inside that warning is a little message saying:

"The developers, publishers, and maintainers of the WinMX software DO NOT participate in or monitor these channels. Please do not complain to us if you are upset by the actions of other users."

Ok, so we participate in the chat, however, we do not monitor it. Hosts are responsible for constructing security to their channels. We are here to offer advice on making the rooms as secure as possible. We talk about issues, and help to resolve them when new evidence is brought to our attention.

Yes, Birdman has a history of spamming rooms. When you have a history like that, EVERYONE is going to assume he is the one. We do not just assume. We gather evidence and take action where we see it required. If Birdman really didnt do the spamming, and evidence shows it, the ban will be lifted.

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 06:30:17 pm »
"Why you would say all of that is just rude. When you first click on the Chat button in WinMX, a windows will pop up and show you a warning. Inside that warning is a little message saying: bla bla bla"

birdman has been accused of spamming when he himself has been cloned and has screen shot of person comming in DMZ room and leaving and returning with same ip but with birdshit name, since i see no way of posting this screen shot i will give you name and true ip of person doing the spamming, also they always use an emulator so i would suggest banning chat clients, i mean winmx is file share network not just a social network...birdman would of poster this himself but people jump the gun and banned him before he could prove it wasnt him (shame shame) Name  TML Magikal   ip  166.214.96.42  ban this ip,

that was my oringal post,
 if you call that complaining then you need help too, i came here to offer information, nothing rude just the FACTS, and every responce to it was a dismissel or put down of what i said just as you have done, what use is mx world if you dont do nothing, the spammers ip is there he then uses a emulator and proxies to enter rooms and spam, since banning this ip i have had no spammers or has anyone else i know of that banned it, if any one is rude its mx world for dismissing hard facts, and protecting the spammer, i just came here to offer some usefull information, and every responce to it just tried to bury the fact that TML Magikal   ip  166.214.96.42  did clone birdman and soon after spammed several rooms (using proxies w/emulator) no worries his isp att/cingular has been notified, you might not be able to do anything but talk, but i can take action, and as far as your fixes why should i do all that for one fools antics, this will be my last posting and vist here as  you have said and proven is a waste of time as mx world is useless, and will do nothing,

just read what you yourself posted:
 Ok, so we participate in the chat, however, we do not monitor it. Hosts are responsible for constructing security to their channels. We are here to offer advice on making the rooms as secure as possible. We talk about issues, and help to resolve them when new evidence is brought to our attention.
           evidence was brought to you and ignored, action taken, problem solved

Yes, Birdman has a history of spamming rooms. When you have a history like that, EVERYONE is going to assume he is the one. We do not just assume. We gather evidence and take action where we see it required. If Birdman really didnt do the spamming, and evidence shows it, the ban will be lifted.

what evidence did you use to ban birdman with in the first place,  huh??

one last thought ......

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 06:33:34 pm »
 :walk:

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 07:02:10 pm »
"Why you would say all of that is just rude. When you first click on the Chat button in WinMX, a windows will pop up and show you a warning. Inside that warning is a little message saying: bla bla bla"

birdman has been accused of spamming when he himself has been cloned and has screen shot of person comming in DMZ room and leaving and returning with same ip but with birdshit name, since i see no way of posting this screen shot i will give you name and true ip of person doing the spamming, also they always use an emulator so i would suggest banning chat clients, i mean winmx is file share network not just a social network...birdman would of poster this himself but people jump the gun and banned him before he could prove it wasnt him (shame shame) Name  TML Magikal   ip  166.214.96.42  ban this ip,

that was my oringal post,
 if you call that complaining then you need help too, i came here to offer information, nothing rude just the FACTS, and every responce to it was a dismissel or put down of what i said just as you have done, what use is mx world if you dont do nothing, the spammers ip is there he then uses a emulator and proxies to enter rooms and spam, since banning this ip i have had no spammers or has anyone else i know of that banned it, if any one is rude its mx world for dismissing hard facts, and protecting the spammer, i just came here to offer some usefull information, and every responce to it just tried to bury the fact that TML Magikal   ip  166.214.96.42  did clone birdman and soon after spammed several rooms (using proxies w/emulator) no worries his isp att/cingular has been notified, you might not be able to do anything but talk, but i can take action, and as far as your fixes why should i do all that for one fools antics, this will be my last posting and vist here as  you have said and proven is a waste of time as mx world is useless, and will do nothing,

No offence but you are very naive with regards to this subject. And blocking 1 IP will not block the spamming. The reason no one has been spammed is because the spamming stopped not because your blocks are working :sleepy:

And the reason that WinMXWorld doesn't just ban all these IP's in our cache servers is because that is not our right. We shouldn't dictate, demand or otherwise control who has access to the network. The only exception to this are Anti-P2P companies which we do block. And furthermore, blocking them in the Peer Cache will NOT stop them from entering rooms anyway.

I don't wanna get in to a big thing with you over this but Birdman has admitted to spamming his own room previously when it suits his agenda. I am not saying that is what is happening here but I am saying his done it previously and using that argument that because his room is being spammed means he couldn't possibly be the spammer doesn't wash.

And we are not saying that Birdman is the spammer but banning him from the forum does not do any damage to his room or his life. As he said to me in a 1 to 1 conversation he did not care that he had been banned from WinMXWorld and he did not want me to assist in getting him unbanned. He did not care either way, thus it is a non issue.

Please just calm down. Tools have been provided by the community to resolve this issue including Proxy Blocklists, Hostname detectors, Metis scripts, Lists of Block Words, Lists of Blocked names and users are actively trading Spammer IP's as they appear in the WinMXWorld chat room. What else can we do for you? You say you don't want to use any of the tools because you don't feel going through all this 'effort' is worthwhile. Then I say to you, don't. No one is telling you to do so, it is you that came here not the other way around.

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 07:14:06 pm »
 :thumbs:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 07:37:07 pm »
Birdman knows why he has been banned and I suggest you ask him, I dont wish to spend any more time explaining when I have other things to do and it seems from your attitude that you may not be open to sensible discussion in any case.

Just so folks dont get the idea that it was by guesswork I can confirm that that is not the case, I accused birdman and banned him based on solid and rational facts available to me as one of the site operators here, and given the same facts again regarding any other user I would repeat the operation.

I have treated you with respect JunkiesMonkey now do the same for me, you do not have all the facts so I would ask you to wait some time when matters are not so hot and at that time I will explain all the facts regarding just how and why Birdman was banned if thats whats annoying you, but be warned its a long boring story.

Here is the latest effort from the spammer and as you can see it mentions the fact that someone was banned from the host section, I wonder who that was and why they now want to spam more rooms with their drama if they are so innocent and they dont want to come here ?

««« Gµê§§·Whô »»» info, the spammer comes from wmw help room, thats how he knew every move, i ben locked out of wnw hosts section cos i know too much.
««« Gµê§§·Whô »»» yester they launched a proxy block list, at same time the spammer changed proxy site/provider  so he will still get in
««« Gµê§§·Whô »»» all rooms, stay alert & safe, dont trust wnw, bbl

Word to the wise "Guess Who",  get a grip please.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 07:42:25 pm »
I'd just like to add under full disclosure that after making my post here I was contacted by Birdman and he refutes my post where I said that he admitted to anyone that he spammed previously except where promoting WCS was concerned.

I only post it as I just want to make it clear that I was told by a reputable member of the forum that Birdman told them he did spam, I did not get the information from Birdman and if the information I received on that is incorrect I don't want to repeat it. As they say its called a 'Repeated Truth' and as Birdman cannot post himself to say that I am wrong I will just do it on his behalf. Again just to clarify he may or may not have admitted it I have seen no direct evidence of such a discussion and that is the only thing I am asserting.

Also I believe Ghostship will reveal all when he feels the time is ready. There is no reason to doubt him he has no agenda to push nor anything to gain from the situation.

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 07:57:09 pm »
"Why you would say all of that is just rude. When you first click on the Chat button in WinMX, a windows will pop up and show you a warning. Inside that warning is a little message saying: blah blah blah"

birdman has been accused of spamming when he himself has been cloned and has screen shot of person coming in DMZ room and leaving and returning with same ip but with birdshit name, since i see no way of posting this screen shot i will give you name and true ip of person doing the spamming, also they always use an emulator so i would suggest banning chat clients, i mean winmx is file share network not just a social network...birdman would of poster this himself but people jump the gun and banned him before he could prove it wasn't him (shame shame) Name  TML Magikal   ip  166.214.96.42  ban this ip,

that was my original post,
 if you call that complaining then you need help too, i came here to offer information, nothing rude just the FACTS, and every responce to it was a dismissed or put down of what i said just as you have done, what use is mx world if you dint do nothing, the spammers ip is there he then uses a emulator and proxies to enter rooms and spam, since banning this ip i have had no spammers or has anyone else i know of that banned it, if any one is rude its mx world for dismissing hard facts, and protecting the spammer, i just came here to offer some usefull information, and every responce to it just tried to bury the fact that TML Magikal   ip  166.214.96.42  did clone birdman and soon after spammed several rooms (using proxies w/emulator) no worries his isp att/cingular has been notified, you might not be able to do anything but talk, but i can take action, and as far as your fixes why should i do all that for one fools antics, this will be my last posting and visit here as  you have said and proven is a waste of time as mx world is useless, and will do nothing,

one last thought ......

Yes, Birdman has a history of spamming rooms. When you have a history like that, EVERYONE is going to assume he is the one. We do not just assume. We gather evidence and take action where we see it required. If Birdman really didn't do the spamming, and evidence shows it, the ban will be lifted.

"We do not just assume" so what evidence did you use to ban birdman with in the first place, EVERYONE Else's assumptions huh??
this aint about birdman or having him unbanned, it was just info for others to use since you cant or wont, and no i dont claim banning 1 ip will solve all the spamming problems  but the spammer is using mx world for info, and i beleive has seen where his ip has  been posted here and has stopped (again no help fron mx world other than to promote the spammer), so in short your are helping the spamer more than helping solve any problem with your little fixes

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 08:02:26 pm »
Junkie you are plucking at other peoples posts to cherry pick the things you think you can make an argument against and ignoring the other parts. Also please stop posting your first message over and over or I will not read any more of your posts. I have already answered everything in your most recent posts in my previous posts.

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2009, 08:24:06 pm »
 :no:

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2009, 09:09:51 pm »
Quote from: junkiesmonkey
and the fact that since this ip has been banned in serveal rooms, and no ones been spammed since just a conindence also i guess,  who are you trying to protect us or the spammer?

and still no spammers since ban of ip, but i'm sure you'll take credit for that too

i dont claim banning 1 ip will solve all the spamming problems

It looks as though you are claiming banning 1 ip has stopped spamming

so in short your are helping the spamer more than helping solve any problem with your little fixes

Well you go on believing that banning 1 up has put a stop to the spamming. The rest of us will go on and continue using these "little fixes" and keep them from entering our rooms to start with.  :yes:

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2009, 10:38:24 pm »
Hi, Fatty again

Can I just say at this point that I still haven’t had either a bike or a train set from GhostShip

Love and kisses -xXx-

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2009, 11:14:17 am »
Hold a minute, are you now accusing GhostShip to control Santa Claus or even being Santa Claus?

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2009, 11:40:38 am »
Hold a minute, are you now accusing GhostShip to control Santa Claus or even being Santa Claus?
i thought Santa Claus was a myth, he dont exist, or are you telling me he does? and is he GhostShip?

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2009, 05:38:07 pm »
..... and is he GhostShip?
you stole my question :P

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2009, 07:46:18 pm »
OK folks, all fun aside I just want to add my 2 cents here. This whole thing with this spammer is getting rediculous. The spammer himself or herself is completely rediculous. This is obviously the greatest thing since white bread for this person and honestly I think it's time to stop feeding into it. Let him clone whoever. Let them go into whatever room they wish. Ignore it and it will go away eventually. If you aren't smart enough to figure out any admin or super from this site is not going to say the things this spammer has said then so be it. Believe it if you must. Doubt it because you should. But whatever you do, ignore this person. It is time to let this person settle back into the woodwork where all good little cockroaches belong people. We're all bigger than needing this as an issue to focus on so let's focus on something better ok. That's all I have to say.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline terry_bull

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2009, 07:57:30 pm »
Hiya all

please tell me how to access the host section

many thanks

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A Spamming Problem

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx