gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 04:19:26 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Download and Upload issues  (Read 44274 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Download and Upload issues
« on: May 21, 2005, 10:28:18 pm »
When your having problems with uploads or downloads we need some informaion in order to help you out.

+ Is it only uploads or only downloads or both?

+ Is it ALL or only some uploads or downloads?

+ What operating system are you using?

+ What firewalls are you using, dont forget to mention whether its Service pack 1 or 2?

+ Are you behind a router?

+ Has this problem been a recent thing, if yes what have you changed on your computer that you know of?

Once you know this information be sure to check out some of our helpful guides to WinMX to make sure your questions arent answered there.

Basic Guide to WinMX

Visual on How To Share Your Files

Configuring your Firewalls with WinMX

What is A Router

Basic information on Port Forwarding

Visual on How To Change Your Ports in WinMX

Avoiding Fakes on WinMX

Starting in Safe Mode

gzone

Help
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 11:30:42 pm »
I have tryed to set up WinMx in such a manner that people should be able to upload from me.

Yet try as I might...everyone of them timed out. With the exception of "Complete UL/DL" my settings are set to the maximum.

I have the number set to 3 at a time, for both the Upload/Downloads. As you can see from my sig below, this is as basic as it can be.

Now...I ame at wits end.

Offline Ace

• Forum Member
  • Every new creation is the sum of old and new.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 06:38:17 pm »
check your firewall  and port forward the tcp/ udp ports
 allso try puttoing a 1 infront  ie 16699 == tcp    16257 == udp
 and check that if your on sp2  check its allowed for mx
How to configure XP Firewall for WIN MX

First you need to get the port numbers.  Click on settings in WinMX, select internet connections, incoming TCP connections and take note of the port number.  Then go to In/Out UDP Packets and take note of port number there too.

Now you need to open ports in firewall.  Click on Control Panel, Network Connections then right click on your internet connection and select properties.  Now go to the Advanced tab then click on settings.  Now you are ready to add ports. Click on Add

Description - WinMX TCP
IP Address - Add your ip address - you can find this by right clicking your network connection, status, support.
Enter the port number you got from winmx tcp connections into both internal and external boxes, then click ok.

Now do the same again, only this time Description should be WinMX UDP and put the UDP port number into both boxes and click on the circle next to UDP.  Click ok takes you back to port list, check boxes for your new additions.

NOw go back to WinMX settings and click on the little circles next to listen on port number on both TCP and UDP settings.

Restart WinMX for changes to take effect.

Good Luck

mom495697

downloading /uploading
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 12:05:54 am »
i have been trying to download different songs for days now and it seems i cant as well as, no one can upload from me because of they time out i need help please.

windows operations system is windows xp home edition
using latest winmx version
connection is cable
no firewall present
no routers
no winmx addons

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 07:08:32 am »
In the circumstances you outline, I suggest that you try a port change and let us know the name of your ISP as some have been blocking uploads  :?  

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/changing_port_numbers.html

I hope that helps, please let us know either way.

john happeney

music
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 02:40:57 am »
i have in the past enjoyed your program very much and would rate it about 5 star i hope that i can enjoy this program as much attttfter i have downloaded  ---thanking you and the winMXSTAFF

Icedragon

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 07:58:32 am »
this seems to be becoming a growing problem...regardless of which patch is used  an ever increasing number of end users are running into trouble with uploading/downloading or either or ....being one of those that help at the coal face with the end user i was hoping to get some ideas as to what the prob mayb...after all the winmx user isnt interested in the politics or whose patch it is  they just want there prob sorted so they finally end up in vladds or here seeking solutions....ive been thru the dns flush the firewall set up port forwarding in routers but still users have issues its almost like the two patches allow users to see each other but get into a tangle with file transfers or even pm....so if anybody has a idea theory or hopefully a solution id be grreatfull to hear from you

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 03:21:53 pm »
HI IceDragon.. great to see you stop by here  :wink:

I must say this is a huge problem right now, I myself deal with upload issues alot daily now and prior to the crash.. and agree there are more ppl with problems now coming to the help rooms.

I have theory only to offer at this time

Agreed this is not about the patches as niether has any effect on uploads or downloads.  And KMs uses all available caches and I dont see that this is localized to one patch or the other.

My theory is this, hightened awarness is the main reason for the influx of us seeing it more.

We asked so many ppl to get on a primary connection, and I myself am guily of not investigating each of these people further in the haste to get the word out.  Take myself for example, am on dsl, and can make a primary connection easily, however its useless as I cant open ports to support secondary connections.

If you where unable to support a primary for firewall or router/modem issues before and where on secondary cause it worked better, then simply moving to a primary connection with out making changes creates a udp problem.
This means your usually S=0, room lists, browses and searches are a pain at best and uploads are a NO go.
I hear what your thinking now, and yes there have been several that I have not been able to narrow down myself as to what is blocking the udp ports.

But for now its important that we go through the usual as its helped with many for us so far.
Do you have a router....
What firewall....
Are you using RCMS....
Where you on a primary before the 9/20 crash..and did it work...

If you happen in your helpings to come up with any other information I would love to hear.. and will do the same.
Thanks

themacdaddy

fake files
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 05:02:06 pm »
just thought i wud post this ( i dont know if this is the right place )

[SirTito_666_43443] - [217.24.229.198]

somehow this person is taking down primary users they have took our users in movie junkies 2 times now once yesterday and once today

i dont know if there is anything u can do but i thought i should let u know

i am a admin in movie junkies chat room if there is any advice you cud give us on what to watch for we will only be to glad to help?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 06:43:38 pm »
I'll pop by the room and have a word with ya..

Icedragon

uploads/downloads
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 09:54:47 pm »
thats a great theory,so i presume if there primary and having issues to get them to switch back to secondry,and see what happins.meanwhile ill do as you susgested and follow the std procedure and try and see if there is a common thread, and post back here any results.......on a slightly seperate note regarding kim,s dll and those that say its doing something suspicios.......having d/l  and installed it as per instructions a simple netstat  confirms it does nothing but queiry the peer cache as it is supposed to do ,no back doors are opened etc or anyother subversive behaviour.....should you come across anyone whop dissagrees they can debate it with me in either of vladds rooms.......

Icedragon

uploads/downloads
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 11:48:16 pm »
sorry to double post on your forum ....but your theory is indeed sound...had a user coaldust  no shares pms etc as a primary  changed to secondry problem solved.........

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 12:07:24 am »
Interesting.. this is what I have been seeing also.. so I have been working to do my best to get them to full use on primary.

As for Kms patch, glad that you had a look at it for yourself, as seeing with ones own eyes is usually the best proof.. lol

If I run into any common ground or problem that might help you helping others Ice I shall let you know..

Thanks  :wink:

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 02:37:26 am »
finally got on as a primary ,before the shut down i had a few upload probs but since i reconnected ,zoro connected uploads.xp home sp2.d link router ported for primary ,cox cable,hope it helps

SPooler

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 07:44:03 pm »
Is it only uploads or only downloads or both?

Uploads Only

+ What operating system are you using?

Windows XP PRO

+ What firewalls are you using, dont forget to mention whether its Service pack 1 or 2?

Kerio Personal ( tried switching it off. no differance

running with peer gaurdian 2

Service pack 1

+ Are you behind a router?

Yes but have 1 clear port set aside with port forwarding

+ Has this problem been a recent thing, if yes what have you changed on your computer that you know of?

I did primary before the switch off, now no one can get files from me

ISP Nildram( UK) 2mb adsl

no one can get files from me, tried switching to secondary no change

I can get downloads , but loosing a higher percentage of time outs than before

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 07:53:31 pm »
Okay this has been a huge problem as you may have noticed...

The fact is that the patches have no effect on downloads or uploads.. so the problem is a blocked port.. UDP

The real question is where..
Heres my advise
Check to make sure your XP Firewall is OFF, if its not there is a guide on how to forward ports in our tutorials section.
I am not as familiar with your firewall as some so I might suggest you be better off to configure your XP one and try without the Kerio.

Make sure your internal IP has not changed, this can drive you mad..then make sure that you have allowed a TCP port for WinMX AND a UDP port seperatly.
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

let me know if any of this helps you get the uploads going agian..

SPooler

downloads
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 08:43:00 pm »
Thanks for the help :-), problem solved after finding that the Win XP firewall was on. Must have been the last rebuild !!

R7610

I can connect, pm, chat but NO dl function as of today
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 12:24:13 am »
Okay folks,

Here's a new twist for ya! I thought my install of MX 3.53 was buggy so I uninstalled it. Then I got on the net and found all the buzz about WinMX being down, so I searched for a day and finally found a good version of 3.54 and installed it with the patch. Guess what? It wouldn't connect!

So I found an old archive and installed an older version with 3.54 and Success! I'm now back in! I can see everything, pm, chat and watch people dl my files BUT I cannot d/l today. Something changed, because I did dl files last night. I had the UDP transactions blocked in my WinMX and everything worked fine. Tried enabling it today, but there was no difference - still can't dl.  :( I've seen the post urging the enabling of the XP firewall, but that is not an option for many reasons. I'm also aware of the fake files and was trying to dl from other members directly - No Dice!

So here I am with files to share and no way to get any more. Does anyone have a fix for me? Btw:
Operating system (Windows XP
- Internet connection type (DSL)
- WinMX Version (3.54)
- Secondary connection only
- What make of firewall you have (ZA)
- Router brand and model (none)

Everything worked fine before WinMX went down. I shouldn't have deleted 3.53 :oops:  HELP!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 09:04:11 am »
Hi,
Sounds frustrating....

I hate coincedence combined with technology, let me assure you that 3.54 as a version has no limitations vs. 3.53 as far as downloading.  
However, when you have to install since the patches came out, in order to install you MUST choose to manually configure ports in order to complete the set up, because WinMX is made to look for winmx.com to confirm connection of the ports.

That said, that alone can change you from your set up you had prior to the 9/20 crash.

Its very rare for any downloading problems to occur as a result of ports being configured wrong.  And the only one  that I am aware of is the 'Both Users Firewalled' that happens when niether of you have ports set up for WinMX.

Advice:
Make sure your ZoneAlarm didnt notice a change in the original program and block WInMX access. Portforward.com has an excellant section on your Firwall.
You mentioned your aware of the fakes, however are you using the filters correctly.  Sounds silly and please dont take this wrong, but many have difficuly getting the 'syntac' correct, if its not .. you get fakes...

Check your WinMX settings and make sure the Incoming TCP and the IN/OUT UDP are set to listen and receive.

If this deosnt work stop by our room for some live testing and assistance..

WinMxWorld.Com_32D143D119CA

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 09:09:36 am »
me here
I have tried everything that has been suggested but still cannot get into Winmx. PLEASE can someone help me I am beginning to suffer from withdrawal syntoms.
Martin.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx