gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 06:29:44 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Download and Upload issues  (Read 44281 times)

Anonymous

Download and Upload issues
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2005, 05:54:29 pm »
....Upsssss and shot down the Zone Alarm also....

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2005, 06:27:14 pm »
Hummm.. your not the first person that had to get rid of ZA to make uploads work..  :cry:

Mac151

Nobody in my queue
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2005, 02:26:09 am »
About a week ago, suddenly almost nobody enters the queue to upload from me.  Once in awhile somebody will show up, but I feel like I'm leeching, even though I have over 600 files shared.

- Win XP Home SP 2
- Cable
- WinMX 3.53
- Primary connection, currently showing P=8 S=9 spm=4131
- No firewall except what is in the router
- Linksys BEWFWS11 v4
- MxMoni running

Default ports are configured.  Forwarding configured in the router.  Static IP on the computer where WinMX is running.

No changes to any of my config prior to the appearance of this problem.

jjsray189

Primary/secondary search results
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2005, 06:32:26 am »
XP sp2
router D-link I-624
winmx 3.53
patch 1.9
windows firewalled open ports for winmx according to help pages

Secondary connections searches yield many results, but when I switch and successfully make a primary connection, I get zero results for same search.

Have you seen this symptom before?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2005, 11:10:59 am »
Hi Mac151,

I can almost pretend to be psychic here and name a few Cable ISPs and your will probably be one of them, this sounds like your ISP is filtering your uploads...

Your ports are configured fine but, in order to try to get around what they are doing to you we need to change them.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1206
That link has many ports to try, some that are working well are 1720 for TCP and 3389 for UDP.. for example.. this will mean they need to be changed in your router, firewall, and on WinMx itself...try that and get back to me on how that works..

jjsray189,

This sounds like your ports are NOT set properly yet.  You will need to also set ports in the D-Link router to allow WinMx, make sure they are the same ports you forwarded in the Firewall..

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html
This link will help you gather your Internal IP, and set your ports for WinMx right.. then send you to portforward.com ..
REMEMBER as it says there, you need to set both TCP and UDP for it to work right!!

Let me know how this does for ya..

jjsray189

solution to the thing I hold dearest
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2005, 11:50:13 pm »
Thanks for your time and input! I figured I had a port mapping problem.
After hours of toying and play, here is the solution to a successfull primary connection allowing full functionallity in association with the following setup:

Windows XP Pro, DSL, Wireless router, winmx3.53

The tutorials in winmxworld are definitly the key to my successfull connection.

One thing I think is key (correct me if I am wrong) is that I not only had to open ports in windows firewall and my router, but I also had to open ports in my dsl modem as well. I got my dsl modem Ip address from my ISP (Bellsouth) and then changed settings according to portforward.com as if I were connected directly with nothing but the dsl modem.

Once I open all of these ports the winMx, I was able to make primay connection with fully functional upload/download/chat and so on.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2005, 12:16:06 pm »
Excellant!!

If you need anything else in the future just holla at us ...

Merry WinMxMas ...

koukou

problems
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2005, 11:50:49 am »
since yesterday i start receving erors and winmx is closing i use 3.54 and have windows xp. today i can not connect what is going on?
i also use ares with the same share folder can this the reason?

where can a new user find winmx for downloading anymore?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2005, 12:21:57 pm »
koukou,
currently we seem to be having some problems with version 3.54.
I suggest installing 3.53 by getting this file https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe
It will install the complete version for you. To avoid the crashing troubles please install for win98/Me for now even if you're on xp, it will work fine. If you rename your old winmx folder to winmx_old or something you will then be able to simply copy over all your .dat files to keep your current settings.
PLease make sure to protect yourself and others by using Peerguardian2 with that as this version doesn't have the "automatic" protection the .dll in 3.54 gives you.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

koukou

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2005, 05:25:28 pm »
Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english. I will not do anything for the next week and if the problem continues i will follow your instuction.

I made the following question:
(where can a new user find winmx for downloading anymore? )

because i thing that the number of users have been dicreased,  i hope in the  future winmx. com or winmx... will be up so as new users not knowing  winmxworld will have access to winmx

Thank you

Koukou

« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2006, 07:18:51 am »
Happy New Winmx year to all of you

I install again winmx 354  with your patch and when i start to receive the following mesage:

Could not open Tcp Ip port for listening (winmx is now in passive firewall mode)

Then i press ok and i connect

Do you know what is going i think it has to do with my norton internet security but i am not sure

Thanks Once Again

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2006, 09:20:24 pm »
Hi Koukou,

Being in passive firewalled or secondary mode simply means that the test for the connection on ports failed.  This in these new times of peer caches does NOT always mean a port is blocked.

First thing to do is go to settings, Incoming TCP, set this to either 6699 default or to the port number of your choice.
Now set the IN/OUT UDP to either 6257 or to a port of your choice..

Now restart your WinMX and let me know if its working or not,

WinMx does need to be allowed in the Norton Firewall and in the Worm Protection..

Offline jsmit86

• Forum Member
Question?
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2006, 04:28:58 am »
I have been having problems the last few days with ULs timing out too.
I am on Cox Cable in Phoenix AZ.  

What finally solved the issue for me was to remap everything using TCP 16699, and UDP 16257.  It was a hassle to reconfigure the routers, firewalls etc, but now I am getting multiple concurrent ULs

So... I still get a lot of UL that time out and won't start.   Why do some work, and some don't?  :?:

koukou

« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2006, 10:08:26 am »
thanks for the help  i have tcp 445 and udp 1032 i am in passive mode and connected for 8 hours without any problem appart from not getting many results when i search but i think thats necause the users are dicreasing.

By the way did u see winmx.com lately it seems to have new owner.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2006, 01:01:33 pm »
koukou,

www.winmx.com has not got a new owner that we are sure of, however, if your on a hosts file they have choosen to include an entry that redirects your machine to a pie website if you try to get there..

This means that your using a pie patch, and I hope this also means your using pg2 with the block list if your on primary ..

jsmit86,

Not every upload will always go through, there are many reasons for this, keep in mind that uploads and downloads are also dependent on whether the other users are set up properly..

Its when the majority dont go through we start looking at problems on your end...

koukou

« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2006, 06:21:02 am »
koukou,
currently we seem to be having some problems with version 3.54.
I suggest installing 3.53 by getting this file https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe

This is the patch i use

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2006, 06:42:45 am »
koukou,

Are you getting results now.. ??

fuzzy522651

WinMx not connecting
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2006, 09:17:32 pm »
For the last few days I have found that for some reason WinMx either does not connect or only does so after a very long time. Very similar to how things were in the dark days of October last year. When I am connected no down- or up-loads seem to be successful. Are teh problems likely to be at my end or are there bigger problems with the network in general. either way, how can I solve this problem?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2006, 09:47:23 pm »
Hi Fuzzy,

In order to be sure if this is on your end or the network, I really need a bit more information on your set up.

Are you Primary or secondary?
Do you have a router or dsl modem?
What firewalls do you use, do you have XP?
What antivirus are you using?
What version of WinMx are you on?
What changes do you know of if any recently?
Who is your ISP?

Get me some info, also any changes you have made to try to rectify this problem and maybe we can start with making sure your set up is good, then move from there.

koukou

« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2006, 10:44:36 am »
Everything Works perfect for thew time being thanks alot

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx