gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 06:21:58 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Download and Upload issues  (Read 44277 times)

fuzzy522651

Download and Upload issues
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2006, 03:13:05 pm »
My setup is as follows:

Secondary connection, DSL Router modem, Win XP Pro SP2, AVG antivirus, WinMX 3.53, ISP is iiNet. No changes to the system recently that would seem to relate to the problems I am noticing. Just that I can queue up a bunch of downloads, and suddenly for no apparent reason they will all drop out. In the last two weeks I've only had two downloads finish successfully, and only about three more files where any portion has been downloaded at all. what I see as more significant, I am sharing a LOT of files and no uploads????

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2006, 04:17:47 pm »
Hi Fuzzy, For the moment flooding of the network can be and probably is the main cause of your trouble, may I suggest you use opennap from within WinMX to gather files with also as this will not be affected by any WinMX specific problems.

Please make sure you are using the filter  -user in the lower search bar as that will help to make sure you are only getting non fake files.

Feel free to ask for any further help or clarification  :)

koukou

« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2006, 06:29:10 pm »
my winmx crashed when i reopend it all my incomplete were gone do you have any idea what can had happened

KM

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2006, 06:44:02 pm »
have you tried clicking "Load Incomplete" at the top of the transfers window?

koukou

« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2006, 07:06:41 pm »
ofcourse i did and it dosnt work . they seem to have disapear form my hd too. Appart from that every file thats incomplete when i close winmx its lost. Is there any other setting or shall i install it again ?

pls delete my hostname for security ressons

thanks

c2R

« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2006, 07:15:19 pm »
Quote from: koukou
pls delete my hostname for security ressons

Only you can see that, koukou.  And that information isn't very secret anyway.....

koukou

« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2006, 07:19:42 pm »
ok i hope i dont have any problems.  I think i ll wait till tommorow and the install it again

fuzzy522651

Using opennap
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2006, 01:02:29 am »
I'd like to try using opennap to see if that helps my download problems, but looking at the settings it appears I will need details of the networks to connect to. Where can I find those?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2006, 03:42:17 am »
Fuzzy,

Have a look at this. it should also explain how and where in the Archive or on Winmx you can find the .wsx files that have that detailed info to..

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/opennap.html

slappy

Connection problems
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2006, 11:41:57 am »
My setup:

Primary Connection
No router now
No firewall now
norton 2005
3.54 beta
isp = shaw.ca

Since the new year when it takes about 30 seconds to log on when it used to take about 4 seconds before and while I can get people into my que and start them, within a minute the ul rate drops to zero and they disconnect.  Before this everything worked fine and I could have multiple uls and dls going at anytime.

I am unable to even get into most other peoples ques.  I am using the default ports as they have always worked for me.  I went to shields up and so far after checking a bunch of ports only 6699 is not in stealth mode.

Any help is appreciated.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2006, 12:45:19 pm »
Slappy, I cant be 100% sure of this but your not the frist person with Shaw lately to notice problems similar to these.  Several Cable Companies are throttling, filtering, and blocking ports that are used for WinMx.  Shaw is just one on a list of many.  Often folks that have had no problem for years even wake one day to find that the Cable company they have faithfully paid for service has began practicing this in their area, and most customers that call are lied to until they insist on talking with a supervisor about it.

My suggestion is to find some different ports.  Ones that seemed to work well for Rogers customers are not for Shaw customers yet.

Its worth a try
1720 TCP
3339 UDP

Now those will need to be set in WinMX, routers, and firewalls.. remember its vital to have them set right in order for changes to be effective.

This is also a partial list of other numbers that Cable companies would be hard prest to block or filter.  Those are located here:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1206

Have a look there and try them out.  I know this can be frustrating but its prolly the only way to regain the use of WinMx as it was before.

slappy

« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2006, 12:54:30 pm »
Thank you very much for the info.

WinmX User

Re: Connection problems
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2006, 01:38:12 pm »
Quote from: slappy
My setup:

Primary Connection
No router now
No firewall now
norton 2005
3.54 beta
isp = shaw.ca

Since the new year when it takes about 30 seconds to log on when it used to take about 4 seconds before and while I can get people into my que and start them, within a minute the ul rate drops to zero and they disconnect.  Before this everything worked fine and I could have multiple uls and dls going at anytime.

I am unable to even get into most other peoples ques.  I am using the default ports as they have always worked for me.  I went to shields up and so far after checking a bunch of ports only 6699 is not in stealth mode.

Any help is appreciated.

It happens to you too!?  I get the same scenario and when I called Shaw, they said they (two support guys) didn't block anything -- Liars liars.....burn in fire! I ended up almost exchanging fighting words with them. I wish that their "male organs" fell off like Autumn leaves!

I have tried different port numbers (firewall and WinMX) , nothing worked.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2006, 01:56:16 pm »
WinMx User,

I suggest you also try to use some of the various ports listed on the above link.  There will more then likely be a set of ports that will work, its just a matter of finding them.

The problem is that many users have a hard time setting ports correctly in under normal circumstances.. ..So make sure that as you change these port numbers you have uploads that ARE working, even if they have the same activity as you did before.. failing speeds etc..

Then at least you know the ports are open, even if they are still being filtered or throttled..

Does that make sense.. lol .. ok yes i think that does.

WinMX User

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2006, 05:23:23 pm »
The attempted ports are  working (open), they are just  throttled, so how many ports they are throttling?? I hope they are not reading this and give them the chance to block the above ports.

I talked to them more, they actually admitted that P2P packets are assigned lowest priority..........oh yes, they used the word "capped" as well.  I am so disappointed with their policy!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2006, 05:34:13 pm »
WinMx User,
This link has several ports that I would suggest trying.  The truth is there are 0-65535 ports possible to use on a computer, they are more then likely doing this to most of them.  Only a few select that are made to use with applications such as remote desktop, VIOP and other programs that would be not to the Cable companies advantage to include.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1206

Go through those if you have to, two at a time, checking they are 'open' and seeing if you find some that are not being throttled or 'capped'.

WinMX User

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2006, 05:38:55 pm »
I will try, but I have been using different numbers , ports are open , but again throttled. Are there other ways they could do this??

koukou

« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2006, 05:43:39 pm »
i just needen difragment and the everything fixed

thanks anyway

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2006, 06:29:32 pm »
No they are using software to do it, There are alot of ports to try out there.. but i dont have any other magic answers.  Sometimes google can get a good thing to research other customers and ports they have used with WinMX and other p2p systems...

Thats the best we can do is find new ports..

Anonymous

« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2006, 09:10:18 am »
Well, it seems what happens now is, uploading is fine using 39 but using 1720 I get "Connection Reset..." quite often. On top of that, some dl's react the same way as if I was still 6699. I was talking to one guy when this was happenning, and his TCP port was set to 6699. So my ? is.
If the uploader is set to this (6699) port will it react the same way? Does anyone know?

R'N'R
Gator.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx