gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 04:17:12 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Download and Upload issues  (Read 44272 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Download and Upload issues
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2006, 10:17:35 am »
Only if his ISP is filtering or throttling on that same port as well.. theoretically that is.

WinMX_forever

« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2006, 03:16:52 pm »
This is WinMX user.

I don't think they are using simple port analysis. I think they are using protocol analysis / application signature to identify traffic.

WinMX_forever

« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2006, 03:29:28 pm »
There is no point for me to continue subscribing to them if they can't provide the service I want. What is the point to have high speed if they are intentionally not providing it!?

They actually said why not use their more expensive package for business, that sounds like "blackmail" to me.

~*¤£ôv认Gí®|¤*~

« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2006, 05:22:53 pm »
not to sound all PMS-y   but...hurt them in the pocket book and find another ISP

as of today i noticed that portforward.com no longer allows a winmx program option...

might be something to think bout

innerpeace

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2006, 11:27:18 pm »
When a ISP uses a QOS enforcer (Quality of Service) for P2P apps?  Does that mean that I am screwed?  I recieved an e-mail reply today about speed questions I had for my cable connection.  According to the e-mail, I legally can't even talk about it.  I have had problem since the end of December with WinMx and it seems that I will have to give up.  I don't have a land line phone or I would get DSL.  Are there any ways around this?  I have tried a few different ports with no luck.  :(

koukou

« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2006, 11:51:02 am »
Hi again  whenever i browse  somebody i get disconected and i received a message about reporting the problem to microsoft do you know why this is happening again?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2006, 01:46:00 pm »
Innerspace,

You can try to change your ports around, some have had luck with this, its finding the right ports that the company is not enforcing this software on because they would normally be used for other applications that would be messed up by it.

1720 TCP and 3339 UDP or 39 Both, and it goes on..
There is a link showing some ports that may work, most of these have not been tested because obviously someone with the problem has to test them..

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1206

koukou,
What version of WinMx are you using and What Patch do you have installed?

koukou

« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2006, 03:21:36 pm »
3,54 PATCH 1.19

Thanks

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2006, 04:06:31 pm »
koukou,

There is an updated patch available Install 2.0, that has dealt with the issues of loading the block list, which was causing some users.. not all.. the crashing.

Update your patch from here

www.winmxgroup.com/  get the lower one that has No Mx in it, and install that with WinMX off, then restart and let me know if the crashing continues.,,,

koukou

« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2006, 08:05:08 pm »
done  i am 4 hours almost online

thanks for your help

rk

« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2006, 06:17:01 pm »
I am having a problem when downloading. A message at the end of the movie "file error (11) movie sharing" "file error 13 a movie sharing violation" comes on the screen, the movie is blocked so I can't download any more of it. I have tried to erase the movie but it goes into a file "Dc130" and won't let me erase it from my system. I also have movies that finished downloading that I have tried to send to the recycle bin but a message comes up "Cannot delete movie________ access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use." I don't think it is right for others to control my computer. My hard drive fills up and I can't run any programs or download anything. How can I erase these movies and go on??????

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2006, 09:24:35 pm »
This is a problem sometimes with movie files i suggest reading the advice in this tutorial about virus removal

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/anti_virus_info.html

The same priciples apply & the same methods will work to delete such files.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Anonymous

Re: messages
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2006, 07:58:28 pm »
Quote from: rk
I am having a problem when downloading. A message at the end of the movie "file error (11) movie sharing" "file error 13 a movie sharing violation" comes on the screen, the movie is blocked so I can't download any more of it. I have tried to erase the movie but it goes into a file "Dc130" and won't let me erase it from my system. I also have movies that finished downloading that I have tried to send to the recycle bin but a message comes up "Cannot delete movie________ access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use." I don't think it is right for others to control my computer. My hard drive fills up and I can't run any programs or download anything. How can I erase these movies and go on??????

I'm having the same problem, but I don't think it's a virus.  Every file I download it says error w/ the path name I'm sharing.  I closed WinMX and reopen it and when I click 'load incomplete files' they're not even there.

c2R

« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2006, 11:12:34 pm »
This may sound a stupid question - but have either of you run out of disk space on your downloads drive?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2006, 04:33:29 pm »
Windows, however, is under the mistaken impression that the file is in use, while it isn't a virus, the same principles & approach will work to delete such a file, which is why I referred you to the virus removal tutorial, the methods outlined there to delete virus files will work in these cases too  :D

Fateless_Human

More issues..
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2006, 08:01:04 pm »
Hi, ive been using Winmx for many years, and was stoked to see it back online recently. Ive used it without problems for a few months, but now i cant connect to opennap servers. Well, i can connect, but it "Stalls" when uploading my library lists. It also seems to disconnect frequently from the Winmx server.

I dont connect to many at once, its a new updated serverlist, as is winmx, the ports i use are 50001/50002, my ISP is Homecall (Tiscilia..spelt that wrong i bet), im using Winmx pro sp2, i use a Netgear DG814 router (the ports are seperatly forwarded), dont use a software firewall, and have checked the help files posted here and tried and retried solutions.

Im guessing im missing something obvious and some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  F_H

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2006, 08:58:54 pm »
Did you by any chance update your windows recently?
Or maybe changed some system settings?
Stupid windoze has the habit of enabling it's own firewall in these cases, so it might be worth checking if it's running (even if you didn't change anything, you never know)....
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Fateless_Human

nylly444....
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2006, 09:46:54 pm »
Thanks for replying. No, i havent changed any settings recently, nor has windoze enabled the firewall.  Pretty frustraing really, any other suggestions?ive also tried older versions of Winmx and installed/reinstalled multiple time running CCleaner etc...

Cheers, F_H

max skellington

uploads timing out
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2006, 12:58:49 am »
On a Linksys WRT54GS router, windows XP firewall. ISP is AOL cable.

I'm able to get a primary connection to the network but the search isn't bringing anything near the amount of results I'm getting on the secondary connection.

My bigger problem though is that every single upload on either connection is timing out before it starts. I've tried mapping more ports than I can keep track of through WinMX, the firewall and the router but nothings changed.

Feel like a bit of a cheat being able to download but not sharing anything, any help would really be appreciated.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2006, 05:11:59 am »
If your uploads are ALL timing out TCP is being blocked SOMEWHERE, assuming you're doing the port forwarding correctly, this leaves firewall or norton anti virus 2005 as the next most likely culprits, please check winmx is correctly allowed in your firewall (there are a few that require you to specify ports to open, most it's simply a case of allowing the program both access & server rights) & that if you use norton 2005 or later Winmx is set to allow in internet worm protection.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx