gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 04:23:47 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Download and Upload issues  (Read 44275 times)

max skellington

Download and Upload issues
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2006, 01:37:35 pm »
I've tried disabling the firewall on the router and in windows as well but the uploads just keep timig out. Pretty sure I've mapped the ports right, went through it step by step on portforwarding.com and I've now changed to a static IP as well. I've tried loads of different port numbers.

Still no luck at all with it and I'm all out of ideas. Is it possibly a problem with my ISP? Are ther any known issues with AOL cable through a wireless router?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2006, 03:38:30 am »
Last time I looked portforward.com only showed setting one rule for winmx, you need 2 rules one for TCP & one for UDP with different port numbers for each rule.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

max skellington

« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2006, 12:26:23 pm »
Have ports forwarded for both TCP and UDP, I'm thinking now it must be something to do with AOL themselves, was thinking of changing from them anyway so I'll see how that goes, thanks for your help anyway :)

Offline Ritz.

• Forum Member
    • Zulu Entertainment
Uploading & Downloading!
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2006, 03:23:12 am »
Hi from Ritz,
                Can you please help me out, I have been with Winmix for years now, My PC crashed and I lost alot of work..along with my winmix..
I have today redownloaded winmix,
only now I cannot upload from othere`s,they also cannot download from me,they keep going into the red, so do I, also I have the 3.54 version..I donot like it at all.. I am behind a firewall,yet I also turned that off,to see if that was the problem..but no it was not,I have put the fire wall back on again.... can you help me, Thankyou in advance.

Ritz.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2006, 03:58:06 pm »
Ritz,

Hi, sorry to hear about the crash you had, give us a bit more information so that we can get you set up correctly.

Where did you get your 3.54 version?  www.winmxgroup.com ?
What Operating system do you have?
Do you have any router or dsl modem?
What firewalls exactly do you have or use?
What AntiVirus do you use ?

koukou

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2006, 07:52:58 pm »
My hd crashed to now i  ve almost managed to save the files i wanted.
When reloading winmx which patch should i use 2 or 2.2

thanks

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2006, 09:43:16 pm »
koukou,
Sorry to hear about your hd issue, you can find the 2.2 patch along with the WinMx program here:

www.winmxgroup.com/

Its recommended that you use the updated 2.2, seldom does KM release anything without a good reason, this version has updates that you will be glad to have, but most will never notice.

fistandantilus000

connections
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2006, 03:22:56 am »
Any reason why some people can connect and others can't? I was attempting to trade with someone and even though I was receiving a download, he kept timing out while trying to upload.

Ports: 16699/16257
checked firewalls
connection: cable
ver: MX 3.54 with 2.2 patch
MX Monitor 1.28Eb
Pending uploads timeout after 45 seconds.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2006, 04:12:41 am »
Some machines just have rotten luck with each other.
There are a few things that could be helpful to check.

Make sure at least one of you has the ports set up, and not both ticked on Unable to recieve.  This constitutes a 'Both Users Firewalled' message.  Not likely to be the problem with you in this case as you where able to upload from them.

The other  thing is the transfer speed settings.  I recommend you change those bottom four options in that screen to 300 seconds to give max time to allow his machine to connect to you.

Let me know if this helps ya..

shifty598

upload and download
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2006, 04:18:36 am »
windows operations system is windows xp home edition
using latest WinMx version - 3.54 beta 4 with patch
connection is dsl
windows firewall present
modem is vyyo v280 wireless modem
no WinMx addons

my download speeds are very inconsistant and often time out.  when ever i have an upload, it always times out.  do i need to do anything to my modem?  i have done all that i can find and checked most steps twice for accuacy.  i am running peer guardian

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2006, 08:33:43 am »
Hi Shifty the simplest test of your set-up is for you to visit a chat room and ask one of the folks there to try to download a file and allow you to download one, this will hopefully decide where the problem lies.

Some file transfers are disrupted by network flooding and some are just plain fake, so remember to use the filtering method described on this page before you select a download.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/filtering_fakes.html

If any uploads are timing out, may I suggest you check your firewall settings are matched to your winmx ports and that if your particular modem has an internal router that the winmx ports are forwarded in that also.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

Let us know how you get on  :)

koukou

« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2006, 02:04:55 pm »
thanks for your help.

linked removed Winmx/p2p scam site

koukou

« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2006, 09:00:18 pm »
i know it was scam i just wanted to report it to you

Anonymous

search problems
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2006, 06:00:57 pm »
Hadn't used WinMx in a year, needed it today and saw it didnt work, saw what happened and DL'd the patch. I can connect to the network on primary or secondary but when I do a search for anything, nothing comes up. Running WinXpHome, ports forwarded on TCP to 6699 and UDP to 6257 and still no go. Any suggestions?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2006, 06:20:48 pm »
Double check your port forwarding, firewall settings & if you use norton av 2005/6 that winmx is allowed in internet worm protection, info on setting firewalls can be found here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

No search results suggests UDP blocked somewhere, if you see S=0 at the top of the program window after being primary for a while it would suggest TCP is also.

If all of the above settings are in order, then try using different port numbers, some ISPs block the standard ones.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Saranoff

Re: Download and Upload issues
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2006, 06:27:09 am »
Not able to download and no one can upload from me. I know it is a router issue, because MX works fine when I run my cable modem directly to my computer. The only problem I'm having is that my router model is not listed at portforward. Where do I find the info I need? My router is a Linksys RTP 300. Using Windows XP professional SP2.

Thanks!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2006, 04:59:19 pm »
HI Saranoff,

I have spent the day waiting for an email with your Routers User guides in it promised me by the live chat option at the Linksys Tech Support Center.. As soon as I have that I will either make a guide or more likely at least post you some detailed instructions for forwarding the needed ports..

Should hear from me soon..

Sassie2u

« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2006, 02:25:39 am »
We are having the same issue with no u/l's or d/l's....this has been happening since the crash.  We are now on a router, D-Link DI-704P-B (my b/f's, however he was able to u/l and d/l with the same router prior to setting it up here).  We (were) are using the same cable connection "Rogers Cable".  Both on Windows xp pro, xp firewall off, ports opened in router, tried everything related on last 12 pages of posts.....lots of reading lol.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, cable company has advised that they are not blocking any ports, don't know if to believe that or not.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2006, 07:06:03 am »
I suggest you have a look at this post...

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=1044.0.html
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

carbody

« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2006, 11:26:39 pm »
Help
My computer guy set up winmx 3.5 beta tells me you are the best.
So far unable to download anything ????
Continually unable to locate sources :?
Using xp home,adsl wireless router
Need your help and advice in laymans terms

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx