gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 04:17:19 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Download and Upload issues  (Read 44273 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Download and Upload issues
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2006, 12:02:18 am »
Hi Carbody,

Wow.. hope we can live up to those great compliments.. (I am sure we can..  :wink: ) .. lol

Ok for the router I need you to start here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

That is pretty much a basic instruction.. If you have any questions about this just post them here.
Once you have gotten the information you need you will be sent to a link for Portforward.com to get the details of your adsl router.

We also need to make sure that your XP firewall is either configured to allow WinMx or you have it disabled and you are using a different one.
Here is how configure your firewall.
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewalls-xp-sp2.html

If you have any questions just let us know  :D

pann5916

« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2006, 01:11:53 pm »
Hi, I have problems about upload and download....

- Operating system                      windows xp sp2
- Internet connection type           DSL
- WinMX Version                          3.54beta3
- Secondary or primary user           primary
- What make of firewall you have   AVG antivirus free edition
- Router brand and model             Draytek 2100v
- Any WinMX add-ons installed      monitor 1.28b

My setup works well till last month. I didn't limit the bandwidth but it just only download 0.X kb/s!
 And always be cutted as I connect to someone......

I have tried change  ports , check and check again the firewall setup of router (I didn't change anything till it can't download anything )
replace net adapter card (3com 3c905).lan cables,even router(Draytek 2104 >Draytek 2100v)
Reinstall windows,winmx,disable firewall of xp
My another PC running BT and eDonkey well. I have tried install winmx on it and it didn't work.
Even barrow another  same model adsl modem to check.I don't think it's hardware failure.

I have tried everything I know and some tips you post here.It just doesnt work.So please help me is there any possiblity.....

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2006, 12:49:46 am »
Pann it sounds like you have tried just about everything.. I can still think of a few possibilities tho

Make sure your nickname has no color codes in it, especially in front of it, like #c23# etc...
Turn off MXMonitor for a while and see if this helps..
Also try using a secondary connection to see if there is a possitive change.

I would also suggest you contact your DSL ISP to make sure they are not imposing limits on your use at certain times of the day.

pann5916

« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2006, 11:28:54 am »
Hi, thanks for your reply , boss.....

1. I am sure that I have kept my nickname ok. Even change it to be simple like"test" got no change with upload/download speed.

2. Turn off the monitor1.28b ....no change.

3.Secondary connection.....Take long time  to establish connection ,hard to find files, even success to download something but cutted quickly .

4.Just call my isp provider ....they say that they don't block p2p so far.(I hope so.)

Tried to running 3.31 , 3.53 , no change .

Upload speed is ok. Only download speed is suck.

Is it possible to be limited bandwidth  by some xp bug/patch ? Cause I have long time not to update my xp.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2006, 11:31:32 pm »
There is a TCP limit imposed on XP only, I would consider it a bug yes.. XP limits the number of TCP connections you can make to 10  :shock:

There is a patch to fix this issue however its not offered by microsoft and its not likely to fix this problem, although its certainly not going to hurt it either..

Here is the information and the location of the patch:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=1013.0.html

As for download speeds, you have to keep in mind that downloads will depend mostly on the sources you have gotten.  Usually we think that you should download much faster then you can upload but there is a flaw in that thinking with a system such as WinMx.  Its actually dependent on the users uploads to you.  Upload speeds are typically slower on virtually any ISP, this then has to be considered when you are getting slow downloads.

Also you mentioned that you have AVG free edition, this is listed as your firewall.  AVG doesnt offer a firewall so my next thought is that you either have a firewall of a different maker than this or possibly your XP firewall is on and not configured.  Be sure to make sure that your XP firewall is either off or configured as per these instructions:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

If you do have a different firewall such as ZoneAlarm.. please post that information as we have seen several folks have this issue with that exact one and didnt fix it until they uninstalled it and got something different. 

If you really dont have a firewall my suggestion is you get one, quickly, and run some adware scans to make sure something other then WinMx isnt tieing up all your download connection speeds.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewalls-sygate.html   --- this firewall is been bought by Norton however runs independent of them and is excellant.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/   --- Excellant adware removal kit, this will take care of things your AVG is not made to find.

Try this out and let me know Pann

pann5916

« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2006, 11:13:21 pm »
Hi, thanks for your reply , I am still struggling...

Well , I know that xp limit already , and I have patched it before .At first it work very well .....it may be not my problem.

Firewall....cause the router I bought which got built in tiny firewall , so I just install anti-virus ware like AVG .Anyway , I have downloaded

sygate personal firewall and try to find something different .  There is not much different about download speed. I know that depends on

souces, but less than 1 kb/s....this is too ridiculous. That's not the speed my winmx should be in the past 3 years.

Something I noticed is , when I was running  the online test of Sygate's "Sygate Online Service" ( like Quick Scan , Trojan Scan etc.), It

tell me I have blocked every port. disable Sygate personnal firewall and test again. So I turn off the software firewall and re-test it. The

"Sygate Online Service" still say that I block every port. Now I think maybe the hardware router built-in firewall need to be check.

(I am reading "tutorial" again very carefully now , try not to miss anything....)

The Ad-aware also be installed and full tested. Nothing happened.

There is a small question : when I limit  my upload bandwidth to minimum(9168 b/s) to look what will happen , it should be 2~3 kb/s

normally , but sometimes it will automatically rise to 5~6 kb/s .

I am still considering the possibility of hardware failure , cause this "winmx-only" pc is old (PIII 1.2G celeron) .Maybe bad memory bars, blast

capacitors, too many dust......But it makes no sense that only Winmx be limitted.

Maybe I should move the router and test everything again.

2.0 and 2.2 patch should not limit the bandwidth ,right?

Headache ....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx