gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 06:28:25 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Download and Upload issues  (Read 44279 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Download and Upload issues
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 11:10:51 am »
Martin please tell me this...

What operating system do you have.. ?

oka7777

Re: Download and Upload issues
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2005, 01:43:15 pm »
Quote from: me here
When your having problems with uploads or downloads we need some informaion in order to help you out.

+ Is it only uploads or only downloads or both?

+ Is it ALL or only some uploads or downloads?

+ What operating system are you using?

+ What firewalls are you using, dont forget to mention whether its Service pack 1 or 2?

+ Are you behind a router?

+ Has this problem been a recent thing, if yes what have you changed on your computer that you know of?

Once you know this information be sure to check out some of our helpful guides to WinMX to make sure your questions arent answered there.

Basic Guide to WinMX

Visual on How To Share Your Files

Configuring your Firewalls with WinMX

What is A Router

Basic information on Port Forwarding

Visual on How To Change Your Ports in WinMX

Avoiding Fakes on WinMX

Starting in Safe Mode

JerseySteve

No Search Results
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 05:34:13 am »
Installed the patch ...get  4 or 5 primary connections...no secondaries...
get no search results at all, and no chat rooms are listed ??

Using Xp, WinMx 3.53, have made no changes since before the shut down to any ports, or firewall, ....where am I going wrong ??

Thanks for the help !!
steve

michelle

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 10:12:28 am »
still trying am i running out of options

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 06:40:33 pm »
JerseySteve your UDP & TCP ports are probably blocked (double-check firewall, router, etc).

kef libertine

winmx ULs
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 08:55:10 pm »
help anypeer
have tried everything, no change in firewallz etc, all b4 good.
now starts great then goes to zero UL.
not just me 2 others on houston tx rr experiencing same deal.
we can dl, but ULs go 2 zero in 5 to 10 minz them time out.
tried all the patches we know of and even 3.54, no help, does same
any clues?

Offline Talamascan

• MX Hosts
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2005, 02:07:45 pm »
ok i am having problems with uploads
i am running windows xp with sp-2
and the sp-2 firewall
this is a recent thing not happened befor
only noticed it today onl thing i have changed that i know of is the hosts file patch i am on seconadry connection to winmx and main comp on primary i am behide a router not sure of its make and moduel and am on a acer travelmate laptop this seems to be only with uploads
can you help please ?
life is like a box of chocolates only chocolate is much more yummy :D

Offline BigChickenChit

• Forum Member
    • http://www.techprocomp.com
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2005, 02:25:03 pm »
I don't know if the new patch is working, every time i try to add a networked folder to the library, it crashes winmx...and I put the new hosts file in, and when winmx started it asked if i still wanted it, or to delete it...i kept it the first 3 attempts, and clicked yes to delete it on the 4th attempt...the same thing happens either way...it crashes.  :?

Offline BigChickenChit

• Forum Member
    • http://www.techprocomp.com
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2005, 02:38:30 pm »
Sry for the double post...there is no edit button  :oops:
I realised my problem, i didn't move the dll file to a folder.  So far so good, its running and it added the networked folder.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2005, 04:44:10 pm »
Keep me informed Chick of how things go...

Talamascan,
No uploads can be a router or firewall problem, if you have no uploads at all then I sugest you look at the router first..

We have a great guide that helps you get all the information gathered up you will need to forward ports..

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

There is also a great guide for forwarding your ports in your sp2 firewall here
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

winmxfan

timeouts and stuff
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2005, 06:51:15 pm »
1st:
win98, no firewall, no router, running primary on cable modem, hosts file updated - no problem connecting. uploads working fine, some d'lds working fine.

2nd:
i've noticed this ever since we got back on WinMx...

3rd:
i get on no problem and go about my merry way highlighting files (4 at a time) and then hitting 'find sources now'. i get loaded into numerous ques and everything looks fine. before what would happen is that after a certain amount of time, i would start getting d'lds and everything would be ok. what seems to happen now is that after a certain amount of time, slowly but surely, the entries in the ques either timeout or i get file/user unavailable. in some cases i could be in 6-7 ques and it slowly gets dwindled down to 1 or 2. i also notice that once in a while i'll get a flurry of timeouts and file/user unavailables. i have found that the WPN packet traffic is greatly increased during this time. now most of the time when i see the qued entry go red, i do a retry and almost immediately end up back in their que. unfortunately at the end.
anyone else seen this?

winmxfan

addendum
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 07:02:00 pm »
i understand that there are rude folks out there running programs that knock you out of their ques or reset you to the end, but this problem is happening to users that i know i have been able to d'ld from before and even sometimes after i do my retry, i get in and connect to them later on. it is random, except for the flurry sometimes which coincides with the wpn packet traffic.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2005, 11:28:06 pm »
Okay download issue theory is this..

I suspect that we lost a huge portion of our network with the original crash, and are still working to perfect the connections so where we once had more users, more files, more ques to get into.. now we are definaly more limited..

Network problems.. I am curious when you are seeing this flurry is it usually one or two specific files...

A new pattern in the disruption is connecting as a secondary and flooding uploads.. yes flooding uploads.  So far in my research this has been for Creed and Evanescence mostly.  This might explain the influx in packet trafic while the connection is actually not made..

Right now we are looking into ways to detect the true IPs of this new tatic..

Let me know if you see any patterns to the flurry.. ty

Offline Talamascan

• MX Hosts
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 06:07:42 am »
thanks again for your hel "me here" many thanks

Tal.
life is like a box of chocolates only chocolate is much more yummy :D

winmxfan

update to timeouts and stuff
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2005, 09:27:59 pm »
well it happened again today but this time i noticed something. heres what i think happened and maybe you can shed some light as to why.
i was dloading from a user who was using MxMon for auto uploads. therefore we were uploading from each other. unfortunately he/she must have had it set to kill my dload if his/hers finishes. so after about a couple of hours of giving this person 40-50k/sec and receiving about 8k/sec, my dload timedout and died. no big deal, but almost right afterwards a whole bunch of dloads sittin in ques timedout 'waiting for network reply' or i got file/user unavailable. hmmm. i think the person i was dloading from was also a primary connection because i could have swore my primary connection count went down. the person disconnected from winmx right after receiving the file from me. now i thought that once you were connected or qued, it didnt matter what the primary connection did afterwards because the queing is based on ip address and not route, but i guess i could be wrong. when the primary went away, did i lose the route to the others users ques that i was in?

Tabby

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2005, 09:16:07 am »
allo all :)

Having a problem today.. can't get any downloads or uploads working :(  I have done nothing different, havent installed or uninstalled anything.. worked perfecty fine until about 4 hours ago.  All my downloads time out now, all my uploads don't connect  :?   I rebooted a few times.. no luck.  I can chat etc and people can see my files and i see theirs, can still search etc.   Any suggestions cause I'm at a loss....

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2005, 09:44:14 am »
Tabby do you have a router that might have become haunted.. so to speak.. electronics are strange..

Also can you upload or download from someone in a chat room ?

Tabby

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2005, 10:18:29 am »
I do have a router.. but it was configured and working ok

and no i can't upload or download even while in a chatroom  :?

Not sure what to try next..  maybe re install?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2005, 10:39:57 am »
Well first when you reboot next time try this..

Shut the puter down, then unplug the router for at least 1 full minute..

Then boot it back up then pc...

Now go back into the puter and verify your internal IP is still the same, and that the ports are still set up right..

You can find out what a machines internal IP is by doing the following, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command/MSDos prompt, in the box type in 'ipconfig' for getting the ip of one machine or 'ipconfig /all' to get all the IPs on that network.

Let me know how this goes..

Tabby

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2005, 01:04:57 pm »
Thanks heaps me_here :)

Did as u suggested and works fine now.  Not sure what exactly was up with it.. but unplugging the router and reseting it seems to have done the trick and I'm glad its working  :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download and Upload issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx