gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 04:47:25 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Not able to get TCP cvonnection
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Not able to get TCP cvonnection  (Read 2306 times)

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
Not able to get TCP cvonnection
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:30:31 pm »
Been running WiMX for years without a problem. Suddenly can't get a TCP connection. Nothing new on my end. My ISP is Mediacom and they've been funky for a over a week. Rebooted my computer this evening and can't get a TCP connection on usual ports. Wonder id Mediacom did something on their end to screw it up. Am able to make a secondary connection but it sucks compared to unsual connection.

I hope it's just a teporary thing. If it helps, threy've changed e-mail hosts from AT&T to another outfit and are "updating" a lot of things. They've been crashing for hourse at a time. Anyone got some other upload/download ports I can try?

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: Not able to get TCP cvonnection
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:41:44 pm »
Hi Wavoka

You can try just any ports. Have you tried putting a 1 in front whatever you are using?
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 02:39:45 am »
I put a 1 in front and it didn't work. Then later I tried switching from a secondary to a primary connection and it worked. Don't know why. Not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Just glad it's up and running. Still got some computer trouble though. Looking for a newer tower.

Thanks for the help.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 02:46:13 am »
Great news that it is going again. Things can be silly sometimes who knows what the problem was.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 07:21:55 pm »
Turned out my modem was dead. Mu ISP was also having growing pains changing servers so they were up and down. Made it a bear to figure out what was really going on. Swapped out the modem today and everything is working fine.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 11:32:04 pm »
Great News Wavoka.

Happy Winmxing.

Dennis

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 02:27:10 am »
WIN 7 64 bit.  Just got a new computer.  Tried installing the beta version of WimMX and WIN 7 is reporting that a windows firewall is blocking the setup.  I don't have a firewall that I know of.  Aluded to certain blockage. "Windows firewall has blocked some features of Win MX Application on all public and private networks."  Any one experience the same.  I'm not sure what it's talking about.  I pretty computer illiterate these days.  My old computer with W2Kp OS just hummed along as did Win MX.  Any ideas on how to get around this aggravation?

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 08:23:33 am »
Hi Dennis windows7 has a firewall set by default i would suggest installing the winmx you have installed (including the folder in your c/drive programme files ) as it sounds like you have a older version installed and reinstalling using the winmx comunity patch available the patch page (link at top of this page on left hand side  ...this one also automatically forwards ports if needed

Before you reinstall go to start>>>> control panel >>>>windows firewall firewall & go to turn windows firewall on or off & check the boxes to notify when windows firewall blocks a new programme .... if it is still blocking after reinstalling go to start>>>> control panel >>>>windows firewall firewall >>advance settings once reinstalled as you can set inbound and outbound rules from there

Hope this solves your problem  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Not able to get TCP cvonnection

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx