gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 03:29:09 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  US Court Finds isoHunt Liable for Copyright Infringement
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: US Court Finds isoHunt Liable for Copyright Infringement  (Read 739 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
US Court Finds isoHunt Liable for Copyright Infringement
« on: January 01, 2010, 07:39:22 pm »
Judge calls the BitTorrent tracker site “old wine in a new bottle,” says entertainment industry has provided “undisputed evidence of specific infringing acts done in the United States.”

Just in time for the holidays the entertainment industry was given a sizable present by US District Judge Stephen V. Wilson

He found that owner, operator Gary Fung and his BitTorrent tracker site isoHunt had infringed copyright and intentionally encouraged piracy, stating that the “evidence of defendants’ intent to induce infringement is overwhelming and beyond reasonable dispute.”

“The court’s decision establishes a powerful precedent that makes clear, once again, that website operators must respect the rights of content owners and control infringement on their websites, or face liability for their actions,” said MPAA vice president Daniel Mandil in a statement.

The ruling comes three years after proceedings were first opened against Fung.
Zeropaid

Offline FM Refugee

• Forum Member
  • Old radio and music geek...
Re: US Court Finds isoHunt Liable for Copyright Infringement
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 08:09:37 pm »
...surprise, surprise... :/
'...Imagine trying to explain to a customer how you used a Colpittsilator to test the Bardeenabrattainistorized a. f. section of his Marconio, only to find it wouldn't respond to frequencies below two hundred hertz...' --Letter to the editors, Popular Electronics magazine, August 1966

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 09:31:24 pm »
This makes clear once again that if you advertise your software or services for aiding copyright infringement then your going to have legal problems, we here believe all users of winmx are aware of their local laws and abide by them, thus we have often ensured that those who come here to bait folks into potentially illegal acts are given short shrift, in most cases such people work for the entertainment organisations and thus have a vested reason in trying to bring the site into disrepute.

Just so the media mafia know our public policy here it is in the open :

We here at winmxworld encourage sharing and downloading of your own content and videos, pictorial images, open src projects and modifications, creative commons visual and audio works, freeware, shareware, free ebooks, religious literature, linux patches, applications and updates as well as entire open src operating systems, and plain text documents on any subject you care to read or write about written for this networks users. 

I,m sure "we" as a network community will remain in the sights of those who seek to monopolise all social interaction between internet users with paid for services or financial levies  etc, however we are winmx users and a committed decentralised group of internet friends, thus we will not pay for the privilege of communicating nor will we willingly suffer the loss of our community privacy while doing so at the hands of corrupt political or legal machinations.

We are all "the network" be proud of that fact  8)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 09:34:39 pm »
I don't understand why these guys who run these sites don't make the links available, post a disclaimer explaining what copyrite enfringement really is in legal and moral sence and be done. Making the torrents available is not enfringement alone. Encouraging users constitutes enfringement legally. Making something available like we do here doesn't make us wrong and I almost have to believe that is why it's never happened to us.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 10:17:39 pm »
All we offer here is the best advice and support  :yes:

Thats never been illegal  :lol: , if we actually hosted any infringing content then that would be something they could shoot us down for but thats not the case, as I made mention in the post above its the users of the network who operate it and keep it alive, nothing here adds or takes away from that as we are not the network operators, in fact I would claim further that to close the network in its present state would require a mass closure of about a quarter of a million users globally give or take a few here and therer and others would doubtless step up to take their places should such an event be publicised.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 12:15:14 am »
We are all "the network" be proud of that fact

I second that sentiment  :)

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 01:21:49 am »
I will third that sentiment, if there is such a thing as thirding something lol.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  US Court Finds isoHunt Liable for Copyright Infringement

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx