gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 04, 2024, 06:50:37 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  not been on mx for long time 2005 maybe long time had would i return
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: not been on mx for long time 2005 maybe long time had would i return  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Talamascan

• MX Hosts
as i say its been 4 year since i was on mx just about the time the patch was fist made i fell away from mx when it got quiet i am now thinking of giving it another shot i was wondering how i would go about returning and what would i need to do this other than mx 5.53 if not a new one lol i used to host on mx chillout chat and another i cant remember lol any ideas welcome oh and would it be worth returning i had loads of problems dls and uls along with chat rooms not apearing unless i already had room name and number/ip etc etc
life is like a box of chocolates only chocolate is much more yummy :D

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: not been on mx for long time 2005 maybe long time had would i return
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 11:21:46 pm »
Hi Tamalascan, long time no see indeed but I do remember your avatar and name if nothing else..lol

To rejoin the happy throng of winmx users simply install a winmx version and a patch available from the top of the forum menu under the word "patch" and grab what you need from the winmxconex.com site, there are a few improvements since 2005 such as fake file filtering and automatic router forwarding so I hope you find it as easy as we have tried to make it, welcome back and merry xmas  :-D

Offline Talamascan

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 11:30:50 pm »
thanks and merry christmas

Offline Talamascan

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 11:58:18 pm »
ok problem lol the 5.53 version in the archive has a virus inbedded into it is there another source i can download it from ?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 03:06:17 am »
I think you,ll find that there are no viruses in the archive but an overactive imagination in your anti virus software that sees any sort of program security as a virus  :lol:

You should not be getting the program from the archive anyway as if you go to the winmxconex patch site you can get the whole bundle (patch+mx) in one go and I guaranteee they are free of any nastyness  8)

Offline Talamascan

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 11:51:56 pm »
you would think id of known that lol thank you again ghost ship and i hope not to bother you for a while thanks again and merry christmas

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 06:36:48 am »
Merry xmas to you too my good fellow  :bow:

Offline Talamascan

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 11:38:08 am »
ok gonna bug you agian lol everything is fine with the conections primary and secondry i used to use wcs as it was easy to use what would you recommend as a chat server and has fx got any better

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 11:55:00 am »
Hi Talamascan

It is all a matter of perference these days. Here is a nice little run down of the chat servers for you.

Fx server stopped after 1.3.10-Beta13 (which eagle fixed up for us). This is in Archive under eagles name.

WCS isnt available on this site but on another one. Here is the link: http://winmxaddicts.freeforums.org/index.php. KM isnt making the updates now for this it is someone else.

ZCS is another one and is consistently been updated by Zenar. It is available from here: httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/Zenar/Zenar%20Chat%20Server/.

The Winmxworld help room and cafe are hosted on ES. This is eagles own design and is available in Archive as well.

All these chat servers I have used and they all seem fairly easy to use.

Have fun playing around with them and if you need a hand pop into the room. The addy is WinMxWorld.Com Help_13A3F042BABE

Updated by Stevi 05/26/2011: Updated link.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  not been on mx for long time 2005 maybe long time had would i return

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx