gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 04:35:32 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  UMG, FreeAllMusic, sucker play
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: UMG, FreeAllMusic, sucker play  (Read 634 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
UMG, FreeAllMusic, sucker play
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:25:37 pm »
FreeAllMusic.com says it’s running on a “walk before we run” philosophy in “slowly building its user and advertiser base”.

Cynics might suggest this could be interpreted as: people aren’t exactly signing on in droves, and advertises aren’t exactly falling over themselves to buy space.

However, a new deal might help.

France’s Universal Music Group is pumping ad-sponsored ‘product’ into FreeAllMusic, according to a statement from the two companies.

But (thank you, Lord) only in America.

To get these polluted downloads, people are expected to register — and you know what that means — after which they have to “select a participating brand they prefer (prefer? heh) and “watch a brief video from that brand”.

Then, after each download, “FreeAllMusic.com serves additional advertisements for that brand across targeted websites”.

Not only but also, “Visitors to those sites will see ads displaying information about downloads, supporting brands, and FreeAllMusic.com.”

And [wait for it] “Users can also email information about their download to friends, who can also download it legally for free … if they watch the ad, too. Sharing of download activity can also be posted on popular social networking sites.”

Well, they say there’s a sucker born very minute …
p2pnet

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: UMG, FreeAllMusic, sucker play
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:08:32 pm »
Ads of any kind = Internet Pollution...

Lets just hope the internet dont have its own Ozone Layer....
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: UMG, FreeAllMusic, sucker play
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 12:28:07 am »
Thankfully I have no clue what sort of music is being pushed out to consumers by the recording industry at this time as I have boycotted them for many years now and enjoy the free music put out by independant artists, let them keep their crap and their advertising, if its all about money I dont think I want it.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  UMG, FreeAllMusic, sucker play

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx