gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 08:23:50 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Help Guide - How To Fight Infringement Payment Demands
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help Guide - How To Fight Infringement Payment Demands  (Read 852 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Help Guide - How To Fight Infringement Payment Demands
« on: January 14, 2010, 08:20:22 pm »
This great guide has been produced that details how to avoid being defrauded by disreputable companies that demand payments for so called "copyright infringement", its well worth a read.

This guide was written in the UK by consumer group "BeingThreatened", however I,m sure the same criteria and help details are valid globally.

http://torrentfreak.com/everything-you-need-to-refute-a-file-sharing-legal-threat-100114/

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Re: Help Guide - How To Fight Infringement Payment Demands
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 08:34:49 pm »
Just another way for the ¢opyright ant-p2p lawyer$ to scam  people out of their money. They don't care if you're innocent or guilty.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:45:28 pm »
These scam companies rely on accusation and bluff to scare folks into a settlement for what seems in most cases something thgey havent done, so this is in effect a extortion of the gullible public. The company who first pioneered this method in the UK is under investigation by the legal authorities and bailed out of this charade on paper, however they set up a new company under a diff name to continue the same game.
 I,m sure complaints have been made against them once again, these extortionists never seem to know when the games up, but while there is easy meat in the form of consumer ignorance I dont suppose they are in a rush to find honest work. 

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:57:27 pm »
Lord Lucas blasts ACS LAW and other "anti-piracy" lawyers for putting people into a situation of being faced with an alleged offence whilst not offering them the evidence to defend themselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-Y_q-IFNI

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 01:33:32 am »
Get such a letter?

Invoke the age-old standard defence, that the accuser must 'Prove Beyond Reasonable Doubt'

And remember, in any civilised society, the onus of proof lies on the accuser, but it must be conclusive and irrefutable proof...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 09:35:59 am »
That particular burden of proof only applies in criminal cases unfortunately Bluey, in a civil case as copyright infringements are (at least in the UK) the bar is set at  a much lower level, juries are told to decide the case based on "a balance of probabilities" , this is often how cases make the news when common sense is not part of the decision making process but who has the most convincing lawyer is.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 12:13:04 am »
i guess so, GS, but its to do with returning their bluff, remember, thats all they are doing, pulling a bluff on people, a massive CON!

Sure theys guys aren't based in Nigeria?
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Help Guide - How To Fight Infringement Payment Demands

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx