gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 03:46:32 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  TorrentFactory: lightning fast, ad-free
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: TorrentFactory: lightning fast, ad-free  (Read 983 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
TorrentFactory: lightning fast, ad-free
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:34:50 pm »
I had an interesting email from Pablo in Switzerland.

He’s 15 and he was telling me about a project he’s been working on for months — an algorithm to “index web pages like  Google’s”.

It was very basic,  he said, going on >>>

… just grabbing pages, indexing them and searching through, with the number of occurrence of the keywords as the only sorting method. A few months later, I had finished a more complex algorithm, with a sort of PageRank and so on. But it still wasn’t as good as Google.

So I had the idea to use this technology for projects and maybe build a company on it.

And that’s what I’ve started with TorrentFactory.org.

Under “download music, movies, apps and more” he explains on the site >>>

TorrentFactory.org isn’t a regular torrent website like a lot of new online torrent sites. I indeed use a crawler but I’m not simply indexing torrents from popular site or what ever, I have developed a complete engine that crawl the entire Internet, exactly like how Google and other large search engine do.

Once pages are stored on large capacity hard drives (I currently have 10 TB on local network storage), my home servers split the datas between the content pages and the torrent files – and that’s a huge jobs, it takes a lot of time and ressources because it also test the torrent content, see if there are fakes etc. When there are enough informations to save the torrent (a title related to the torrent filename, a category, maybe a description etc.), the torrent is then transfered to another server where the trackers are tested, if all trackers are dead, the torrent will not be added, this server test each torrents 3 times per day during 4 days and upload it to the production environement, the final servers.
p2pnet

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: TorrentFactory: lightning fast, ad-free
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 12:09:33 am »
Whats this got to do with WinMX  :nerd:

I like news but this is more an advertisement for another network type and one that puts its users at risk of prosecution at that  :/

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 12:23:55 am »
It's the news section of the forum. MXers do use the BitTorrent protocol. I thought it could be a handy site to use to search for torrents for people that use the BitTorrent  protocol to download files. Also I was impressed that it was made by a 15 year old.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 12:41:41 am »
I guessed that P2P, I was simply trying to draw your attention to the advertising of networks that compete with our own network, but  please feel free to post what you like I,m just one of the grumpy hard core  :lol:

Nice work on the news anyway, it certainly is varied and interesting  8)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 12:52:19 am »
You shouldn't see it as competition, you should view it as another source for files that'll be brought to WinMX to be shared.  :D
Thank you! 8)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 10:40:57 pm »
BREIN goes after TorrentFactory
That didn’t take long.

Yesterday p2pnet revealed the existence of TorrentFactory.org, the new indexing site in town.

Today we learn from its 15-year-old owner, Pablo, over in Switzerland, that Holland’s BREIN — a kind of nasty combination of the RIAA and MPAA — is already trying to get TorrentFactory.org shut down.

He’s been given 24 hours to comply, he told p2pnet this morning.
p2pnet
Oh my..vintage BREIN it didn't take them that long...don't let it end this way.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 11:51:01 pm »
now if the kid has any nous, he will move his hosting offshore, where them scumbags cant reach...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 09:21:15 pm »
It’s day three of the TorrentFactory story under which Pablo, a 15-year-old Swiss programmer, takes on the might of the entertainment cartels represented, in this instance, by Holland’s BREIN, a kind of RIAA/MPAA combo.

Now, “Torrent downloading currently unavailable,” says Pablo.

“By following the BREIN instruction, we had to close all torrent download pages. I’m still gathering torrents on the developement environement. If you want to stay informed, join our Facebook page.”

The story so far:

Pablo creates an algorithm to “index web pages like  Google’s”. But  stresses he’s not making any money out of it. ‘Distributing torrents isn’t my main purpose, he says. I’ll keep improving the engine and serve other kind of data like pictures, videos, links or whatever — maybe an archive service — but I haven’t got that far yet.”

Then along comes BREIN with with, “In the interest of and on behalf of the rights holders represented by BREIN we request that you cease and desist the abovementioned unlawful activities within the next 24 hours.”

On Facebook, “Since distributing torrents in the Netherlands is considered as Illegal, I had to close the torrent distribution,” Pablo writes, addding:

“I’ll take a server somewhere else, remove some illegal torrents and keep everything running up.”
p2pnet
When you try to download torrents you get this message on torrentfactory.org.
Torrent downloading currently unavailable...

By following the BREIN instruction, we had to close all torrent download pages. I'm still gathering torrents on the developement environement. If you want to stay informed, join our Facebook page.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  TorrentFactory: lightning fast, ad-free

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx