gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 10:49:58 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  connection & sharing problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: connection & sharing problem  (Read 1609 times)

laurie

connection & sharing problem
« on: February 03, 2011, 05:08:34 am »
Problem #1 - Connection Problems

Ever since I got a PVR for my TV, which is a modem that controls my TV & internet, I cannot get a primary connection on this site. With talking with my service provider, the only way that I can get a primary connection is to create a static IP & port forwarding is not an option. Question, is there any way around having to create a static IP? I had once gotten help from my service provider & whatever he did, I had a primary connection, but the next time I turned it on, whatever he had done was not there anymore. If it helps, I live in Alberta, Canada & I use Telus communications as my provider.

Problem #2 - Sharing Problem

I hope I explain the following ok so everyone can understand.

Over time I had managed to get app'rox 220 MB of a file that was 430 MB. After almost a year and a half of trying, I erased the ' INCOMPLETE' and hash number to the file, being content with the portion of what I had. Then one night I find a source 2 years later who had the complete file. I copied & pasted the ' INCOMPLETE' & hash number to the file & they gave me the 210 MB that I was missing. The Problem is is when the file shows up in my winmx shared folder, it has a different hash number, shows approx 21 minutes even though the file is approx 43 minutes & shows the same bytes that the file should be.How do I make this file show the same 'hash', being a complete source, so others can get get this file from me? It is very rare & would like to help others get it if I could.

Thank you for any help.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: connection & sharing problem
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:46:01 am »
on point 2 you broke the file... you'll need to d/l it again to get the whole thing properly... there is a chance that certain playback software such as mplayer can 'jump' the bad spot but depending on how much bad data is between new and old it may not work... that is if its even the same codec and bitrate...

in short.. no fix.. you need to get the whole thing again... ...and for future reference... -never- delete an incomplete files hash...

---

for problem one... post the brand and model of this pvr/modem combo (?) so the wmw router gurus can find if you can do the port forward manually...

laurie

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 02:31:56 am »
My service provider told me that I have a D-Link 3810G or another word he mentioned was DVA-G3810. As I had mentioned before, I was told I needed to create a static IP to get a high connection. Hopefully someone can help me, Thanks for any help.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:17:04 am »
Hi Laurie, click the link below and follow all the instructions carefully and you should be alright. If you have further problems
or questions, somebody will get you sorted out :)

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DVA-G3810BN-TL/WinMX.htm

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  connection & sharing problem

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx