gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 04:35:41 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  TalkTalk the peoples champion?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: TalkTalk the peoples champion?  (Read 755 times)

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
TalkTalk the peoples champion?
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:40:16 pm »
http://torrentfreak.com/neutralize-uk-file-sharing-legal-threats-join-talktalk-100129/

So, if you and your family are looking for an ISP run by people who are prepared stand up for your rights, look no further than TalkTalk. While Mr Crossley may not fear going to court against a lowly individual, it seems incredibly unlikely that he’ll take on TalkTalk’s lawyers.

Its good to see at least 1 ISP taking a common sense approach to these thugs that stretch and manipulate the law to extort money from unsuspecting members of the public.

I have been a BT customer for years and have previously defending at very least their service, but i can feel the wind of change getting stronger and stronger. I am already experiencing some nasty throttling, and lets be honest, its not the cheapests of ISPs.

I would like to hear from Talk Talk users on this thread. What is being a Talk Talk customer like? Do they throttle you for example? So, comon folks, who's with Talk Talk?

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
Re: TalkTalk the peoples champion?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:07:22 pm »
a friend of mine are or was with talk talk things were fine to begin with but after there trial period ended so did his good speeds, he could d/l on mx but at 56k speed reason why he changed to a better isp

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 04:39:46 pm »
I joined Talk Talk just before Christmas and left within the 30 day get out free !!  i was on their pro package using their equipment in the exchange and telephone line. No throttling or shaping, totally unlimited it said. Well yeah got some very good speeds on torrents but winmx is totally blocked in that any primary connection made would timeout constantly. Rang talk talk and after 2 hours of waiting for someone to answer got the usual foreign person who could hardly speak English. Anyway they denied several times that they blocked anything. So i paid for and tried a vpn just for my own curiosity and bam winmx worked fine! it was not just winmx it was any room  i wanted to host, bots etc they simply all would not work on talk talk. So when i asked well why do they work through a vpn a deafening silence fell. Even going into a room on winmx i would enter eventally but then there would be no one in the room, would not be able to type and would eventually fall out. Something talk talk do seems to disconnect winmx and related programs so if you want talk talk use a vpn but i don't know what the service may be like after the 30 days as i didn't hang around long enough to find out. Their customer support is the worst Ive ever come across in my life.

I think that vpn usage is going to be one of the only ways most people are going to have to use just to get some privacy and be able to use their connection fully. Of course Isp`s can start throttling vpns but luckily theres allot around and would businesses stand for it!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 08:58:11 pm »
Thats bad news Blitzen  :(
It does however demonstrate that we need to once more get off our backsides and create something that cannot be throttled so easily, something I have been hinting at for ages but no takers so far from the developement corner, lets hope that will change when folks spread the word that help is needed to defeat what is an up-coming menace.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 09:05:30 am »
I know of 2 people that both are on TalkTalk but can not use winmx, or wpcc or robomx to even enter rooms,
winmx wont connect at all, on clients they enter but wait for the motd to load, by the time it has they have fallen out of the room as this can take several minutes,
their only way to get in chat is using proxies to connect,
another fine example of isp's saying one thing and doing another.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 11:30:21 am »
Yes that's the exact same experience i had Max, it has got to be a worry because if other isp`s follow suit then it could very quickly see the end of winmx for many and maybe even torrents unless people find ways of getting around it, so far vpn and proxy use has in the short term provided an answer. I am not sure what talk talk use to block winmx and related programs maybe it is just throttled to death but all i can report is when making a primary connection either from winmx or wpn connections with a room like FXS  is that they connect but idle time out within seconds. Winmx on secondary stays connected but all other aspects of winmx are near enough useless i.e entering a chat room etc. Seems most isp`s are implementing sandvines traffic shaping with deep packet inspection for throttling p2p.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  TalkTalk the peoples champion?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx