gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 09:40:14 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  ISP Set For Court Hearing To Fend Off Anti-Piracy Demands
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ISP Set For Court Hearing To Fend Off Anti-Piracy Demands  (Read 513 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
ISP Set For Court Hearing To Fend Off Anti-Piracy Demands
« on: February 02, 2010, 06:27:11 pm »
An anti-piracy group which acts in the interests of the movie industry has asked a court to force an ISP to take measures to reduce online piracy. Federazione Anti-Pirateria Audiovisiva wants Telecom Italia to report file-sharers to the authorities, block some well known torrent sites and work with them in the future to fight piracy. Telecom Italia has refused.
torrentfreak

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: ISP Set For Court Hearing To Fend Off Anti-Piracy Demands
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:42:41 pm »
What would be left of an ISP if it realy started to report it's customers to the authorities?

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 07:20:43 am »
They would end up going bust... what they should do is dissconnect all the groups putting pressure on them and see how they like it.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 01:33:46 pm »
That might be the hard part, a paying customers brings money, though running a business I would not allow my customers tell me how to run it.

Maybe there is something in proving the anti-piracy groups are peforming illegal actions using their internetconnection, but then still, they are customers....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  ISP Set For Court Hearing To Fend Off Anti-Piracy Demands

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx