gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 09:43:14 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Information Exchange  |  Microsoft Longhorn Build 3683 Error
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Microsoft Longhorn Build 3683 Error  (Read 7605 times)

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
  • I am coming for you, it is only a matter of time!
    • Quakehell
Microsoft Longhorn Build 3683 Error
« on: December 24, 2009, 01:33:38 pm »
I've just downloaded Microsoft Longhorn Build 3683, which is an early Build of Longhorn made long ago. It's an ISO File, I've put it on Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 & before I install it I get this Error (it says that "I have no Drive"):

Can anyone help me?

Note: This Build is called: Microsoft Longhorn (Windows) XP. So don't say "That's Windows XP, not Longhorn".

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: Microsoft Longhorn Build 3683 Error
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 09:00:45 pm »
This error happens because your computer has a storage controller that isn’t supported natively in XP, usually a  SATA (Serial ATA) controller
you can solve this by slipstreaming the drivers into the iso using nLite that is avalable from the link below with instructions on how to use
http://www.nliteos.com/index.html
A good site to learn about o/s instalation or customising is
http://www.msfn.org/board/forum.html
Either that or get hold of a copy with drivers already slipstreamed to suit your system

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 12:08:40 am »
And FYI, Doomer, ALL M$ o/s's have a name like 'Longhorn', used in development, then the XP or Vista or whatever is the 'Retail' or Release name...

So yes, it IS just XP, and a crummy early build, IMHO...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 01:50:33 am »
Also to add that if you cant get it to load then you have no chance of making into u usable system so to be honest i wouldnt bother with it unless you are prepaired to spend a lot of sleepless nights on learning how to get it up and running as a worthwhile system, if you are just curious i can enlighten you that it is a bug riddled eary build no good to anyone other than custom o/s builders/advanced users

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
    • Quakehell
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 10:12:22 am »
No, it's not Windows XP, it's Longhorn. Which is an early build of Vista. How do I get this nLite to work? And I use Windows 7 & it says it's only compatible  with Windows 2000, XP & Server 2003.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 10:22:12 am »
Sssssigggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

:no:

Just remember that...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 10:36:06 am »
I Dont know why, but....

Just remember that...

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 07:18:03 pm »
Longhorn is xp with a white logo especially the build that you are speaking of, its as close to vista as a F1 car is to a wheelbarrow .... a little advice on this Doomer ,if you are going to speak on such subjects then please at least do a little research on the subject matter and remember google is your friend.
Please read the article below and check out the msfn forum that i gave you a link to and subsequent forums that you will find from there and you will be able to find out all the  CORRECT info that you desire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Longhorn

As for not nlite not being compatible i will give you a couple of clues   go to  properties then use the compatibility tab then take a stab at what comes next  ;)  also if you want to play about with old o/s configurations i suggest you run a duel boot system with xp installed as there are a lot more tools available that will not require any adjustments to make them work .

Now lets draw a line under this matter as you have been given all the information required and this is a winmx forum not a moders/custom forum  :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 10:01:10 am »
Doomer, a line drawn means ENOUGH!

Just remember that...

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
    • Quakehell
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 10:32:50 am »
Doomer, a line drawn means ENOUGH!

What are you on about?

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 12:55:16 pm »
Now lets draw a line under this matter as you have been given all the information required and this is a winmx forum not a moders/custom forum 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   from hells post doomer i think that is what bluey is on about

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 01:18:26 am »
Doomer, what is being said is as follows. You asked a question and that question as been answered. There is no point in constantly bringing up a subject that as been aswered.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
    • Quakehell
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 08:06:29 am »
Doomer, what is being said is as follows. You asked a question and that question as been answered. There is no point in constantly bringing up a subject that as been aswered.

If it was answered then it would've been working by now.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 10:02:43 am »
If you done as you have been advised it would be working but as you see fit to not bother with the advice given then it wont... ......

THREAD ANSWERED & ADVICE  GIVEN (BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT TAKEN) SO NOW CLOSED AND LOCKED UNLESS A VALID REASON IS GIVEN TO RE-OPEN.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Information Exchange  |  Microsoft Longhorn Build 3683 Error

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx