gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 11:38:57 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  AVG blocks the Pirate Bay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AVG blocks the Pirate Bay  (Read 2723 times)

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
AVG blocks the Pirate Bay
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:47:37 am »
I was msned by a friend this monring telling me that AVG appears to have red listed the Piratebay and is blocking access to the site. So far i have come across a reason why, but to get around the block go into AVG and switch off the link scanner, more info here:

http://forums.avg.com/gb-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=64733

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: AVG blocks the Pirate Bay
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 10:50:53 am »
We all know how trojan creators love visiting such sites and adding their malware in amongst the offerings but lets be serious here is there any valid reason for avg to be blocking the site itself rather than simply flagging up awarning ? (if they feel so strongly about it).  I dont think so, perhaps those using avg will look over to Avira that offers a basic free anti virus solution for personal users, this along with spybot have been the mainstay on my machine for many years now,and its never told me what to do once  :P

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  AVG blocks the Pirate Bay

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx