gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:21:00 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Google to offer 'ultra high-speed' broadband in US
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Google to offer 'ultra high-speed' broadband in US  (Read 551 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Google to offer 'ultra high-speed' broadband in US
« on: February 10, 2010, 09:31:03 pm »
Google is spreading its wings in yet another direction - this time as a network provider, offering super-fast broadband to thousands of US homes.

It plans to build a fibre-optic network offering speeds of up to 1Gbps (gigabit per second) to up to 500,000 homes.

It said it would compete on price with other broadband providers offering much slower speeds.

Google said the trial was about promoting killer apps that would take advantage of fast speeds.

"We planning to build and test ultra high-speed broadband networks in a small number of trial locations across the United States," the search giant said in its blog.
BBC News

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
Re: Google to offer 'ultra high-speed' broadband in US
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 04:02:06 pm »
This is awesome!!! As soon as it comes to my area, I am getting it.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Google to offer 'ultra high-speed' broadband in US

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx