gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 09:42:22 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  Has anyone already pointed out...(spelling error)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Has anyone already pointed out...(spelling error)  (Read 1739 times)

Offline FM Refugee

• Forum Member
  • Old radio and music geek...
Has anyone already pointed out...(spelling error)
« on: December 28, 2009, 07:21:27 pm »
...that 'irradicate' is not a real word in English?  I've seen it several times around here (such as in Ghostship's Borg sig)...

...the word you want, meaning 'wipe out', 'completely destroy', etc., is 'ERADICATE'...

(I say this with the full understanding that for many here, English is not their first language...)
'...Imagine trying to explain to a customer how you used a Colpittsilator to test the Bardeenabrattainistorized a. f. section of his Marconio, only to find it wouldn't respond to frequencies below two hundred hertz...' --Letter to the editors, Popular Electronics magazine, August 1966

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: Has anyone already pointed out...(spelling error)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 10:56:54 am »
does it matter ???

personally i think not...

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 03:47:56 pm »
yes it does, Max...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 11:15:53 am »
That's one word that I never seem to use. It does not really matter to me, however it's always nice to know.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 05:17:15 pm »
You,ll be pleased to hear then that the banner reffered to on my profile was created for me by a uS speller and thus english spelling has no real significance to her.

I hope no ones implying that folks who cant spell should'nt have a voice here ?

Offline FM Refugee

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 07:53:10 pm »
...of course not, Ghost!...and this is probably one of those instances where US and UK spellings are the same...
...tongue was firmly implanted in cheek when I posted that...of course the vast majority of people are not going to care if someone has spelled 'eradicate' correctly or not...as long as they know what it means in the first place... :-D
...but spelling (and languages in general) happen to be one of my fortes... :lol:

'...Imagine trying to explain to a customer how you used a Colpittsilator to test the Bardeenabrattainistorized a. f. section of his Marconio, only to find it wouldn't respond to frequencies below two hundred hertz...' --Letter to the editors, Popular Electronics magazine, August 1966

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 09:13:04 pm »
Thats something that may prove helpful to us I,m sure when we need a proof reader or editor  :-D

I,ll keep your talents in mind next time I write something up, waste not want not  ;)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 12:47:40 pm »
...of course not, Ghost!...and this is probably one of those instances where US and UK spellings are the same...
...tongue was firmly implanted in cheek when I posted that...of course the vast majority of people are not going to care if someone has spelled 'eradicate' correctly or not...as long as they know what it means in the first place... :-D
...but spelling (and languages in general) happen to be one of my fortes... :lol:

Well as long as ghost does n't EsyMULEate us we ll be fine i guess ;-) loll
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 09:07:17 pm »
 :lol:

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 12:33:57 pm »
Or doesn't pronounce Nuclear as though it has a Y in the middle, or Aluminium without the second I...

Just remember that...

Offline FM Refugee

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 07:10:09 am »
Or doesn't pronounce Nuclear as though it has a Y in the middle, or Aluminium without the second I ...

...we're not all British, mate  ;) ...we don't all spell it that way, either...BUT...
...I try to keep those differences in mind when I'm in an international forum like this one...and will use the non-American spelling in deference to that (if I know it)...I may be an American, but that doesn't mean I have to act like a typically ignorant one...

...but pronouncing 'nuclear' as if it was spelled (spelt?) 'nucular' is inexcusable...no matter which version of English you supposedly speak...
(...I remember the Vapors album New Clear Days...)

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 07:55:30 am »
Actually, AFAIK, the American and British SPELLINGS are the same...

But pronunciation wise, i remember the speech habits of dear ol Dubya... Especially Junior...

Ermmmmmm, and I'm not British either, Indeed, no English blood in my family...

Us Aussies are our own kind.

Just remember that...

Offline FM Refugee

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 08:27:25 pm »

Ermmmmmm, and I'm not British either, Indeed, no English blood in my family...

Us Aussies are our own kind.

...right...apologies...I remembered after the fact that you were actually from Oz, not 'Pommie-land'.  But, like it or not, you Aussies apparently wound up 'inheriting' more of the 'British' ways of spelling things than we did... ;)

...and yes, I believe you are absolutely correct in that there are no differences in any of the different 'brands' of English in the spelling of 'nuclear'...only certain arrogant ignoramuses in our country :ugly: who insist on mispronouncing it...

(... :firefox: ...I love that...)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  Has anyone already pointed out...(spelling error)

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx