gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 02:07:30 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Jury Acquits Music P2P Uploader
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Jury Acquits Music P2P Uploader  (Read 473 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Jury Acquits Music P2P Uploader
« on: March 23, 2010, 08:02:58 pm »
Matthew Chow, member of music file-sharing site “Rabid Neurosis” (RNS), found not guilty of conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement.

Last September the govt indicted some six members of the pre-release music file-sharing group “Rabid Neurosis” on criminal copyright infringement charges. Of that six two have now been acquitted of the charges.

For last Friday 28yo Matthew Chow was the latest to be found not guilty of conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement, a charge which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a fine of $250,000. Chow could also have been ordered to pay restitution to the RIAA.

“I am relieved by the jury’s verdict and I am grateful to my attorney for his hard work,” says Chow. Houston attorney Terry W. Yates, who represented Matthew Chow said, “We encountered some extremely complex factual and legal issues in this case.  The jury was very attentive during the trial. Their verdict was just.”

Federal authorities claimed RNS was at one point the world’s most prolific music piracy ring.

According to the federal indictment, from 1999 to 2007 Matthew Chow and four other members of RNS conspired to illegally upload thousands of pre-release music albums provided by music industry insiders.

The four other indicted RNS members previously pled guilty to copyright infringement, with three of them offering to testify against Yates for the govt as part of their plea.
Zeropaid

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Jury Acquits Music P2P Uploader

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx