gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 01:58:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MX Moni allows people to download from me anyway!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MX Moni allows people to download from me anyway!  (Read 8244 times)

Offline jogit

• Forum Member
MX Moni allows people to download from me anyway!
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:40:18 pm »
Hi Guys,

Haven't used winmx since back in the old days.

I've just downloaded it and installed mxmoni. I've done a search on the forum, followed Bubba's very helpful guidelines, and checked through the problems others are having.

My problem is, someone choses something that they want to download from my library, it starts downloading. Although I have it set to not start downloading unless I'm trying to download something from them and they start me.

I've tried a number of different sequences of tick boxes, but after reading into it quite a bit I think I've got the right ones ticked.

I'm using Win MX V3.53 and MXmoni1.28b.

Basically what I want is - they don't get something from me unless I get something from them. It's trading I know :( I'm fair on Emule though  :D WinMX just has so much content that I find its the best way to get things.

The settings which influence this I believe are on the auto UL tab, auto UL for trade (ticked) only while dl from target (ticked) unlimited ul while dl (ticked) & cancel UL unless download started = 40 seconds.

Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong? So many people use MxM that surely it's me being thick rather than it being a hole in the program?

Thanks.

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
Re: MX Moni allows people to download from me anyway!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 05:01:24 am »
well u should know that moni will not prevent any downloads to others at all...there is always an amount of slots that u have to set available in the settings...set this setting to 1.  as for the way u are ussing moni ? yes i agree i dont aprove...winmx is for sharing and not trading...its free material so im not really seing the point of trading to begin with..and u might be fair on emule...but emule isnt winmx now is it ? try being fair on all p2p programs would make a lot more sence....

i cant help but feel that trading is something that greedy people do....
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Moni_is_4_greedy_sods

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 04:19:30 am »
People are (gasp) downloading from you on a file sharing network? Serves ya right, ya stingy git. It's called file "sharing" for a reason you have yet to learn.......

[edit by Ghostship] fixed a language flaw.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 08:52:22 am »
but why do ya need to trade?

Just throttle ya bandwidth, down to 2k...
1 slot open, the rest will wait or hunt elsewhere...

Isnt that what tight a...s (tightwads) do? Let 'stuff' out at a limited rate...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 09:47:56 am »
Bit slow off the blocks on this topic eh blue ?

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 10:24:56 am »
ahhh, dont usually hang in these parts...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

shadowuser1950

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 01:34:26 pm »
don't  object to sharing just don't like freeloaders who don't share

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 01:55:35 pm »
No one does but we are a happy friendly bunch of folks and we must not let a few "rats" spoil our welcoming attitude for new users, we all started out with little and have built up our collections of shared items over the years, and most folks will be the first to admit that others helped guide them how to build up a library and share something, I ask all those who see someone sharing nothing or little to simply message them and offer help, if the help is ignored or you get no reply then do what you have to do, of course I,m  keeping  in mind a new user is more likely to be sitting there than some leetch who is probably not about.

Lets not get trigger happy is all I,m asking  :)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 04:53:49 pm »
Basically what I want is - they don't get something from me unless I get something from them. It's trading I know :( I'm fair on Emule though  :D WinMX just has so much content that I find its the best way to get things.

so let me get this right, if you are not trading with them, you wont share with them?

you dont want freeloaders, yet say i was in your queue and you had a song i wanted, because you dont want any of the 500+ songs or the 400+ apps i have, i get cancelled & ignored as a freeloader,

if that is how strongly you feel, you are on the wrong p2p network, sorry but we are a sharing site, not a trade only counter, expect people to want off you or dont share anything at all, but thats leeching.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 11:18:34 pm »
Erm Max  :S  are you aware your replying to a post from over 2 years ago ?

I applaude your vigour but I dont think Jogit is likley to read what you have replied with this long after it was posted   :)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 12:08:12 am »
oops, sorry GS, i see your resent post & had a look back to see what the fuss was about,
i didnt check teh dates, delete it as a wastle of time pls...

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MX Moni allows people to download from me anyway!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx