gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 08:07:31 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Downloads complete, but don't change from INCOMPLETE.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Downloads complete, but don't change from INCOMPLETE.  (Read 1726 times)

Offline bryboman

• Forum Member
Downloads complete, but don't change from INCOMPLETE.
« on: April 11, 2010, 04:10:41 pm »
Hi All,

Loaded WinMX on a Win7 system; set up the firewall/router.  Downloads work well, except,
when the complete they never change from INCOMPLETE_whatevers to the actual filename.
Any suggestions on what the issue could be?    :D

Brian

Offline Savage Blades

• Forum Member
    • DJ Hire
Re: Downloads complete, but don't change from INCOMPLETE.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 04:12:44 pm »
ah too easy make a new folder say
C:/Downloads
make sure that you adjust winmx to see the new incoming file folder and put incompletes in there
then in transfer window of winmx load incompletes
My opinions, are mine !
They may, or may not reflect the views and opinions of other WinMX World Forum members !!
DJ Hire

Offline bryboman

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 05:03:49 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, however, they aren't truly incomplete files.  WinMX is not changing the file names to the correct ones...
They have to be done manually, which is quite a hassle.

Offline Savage Blades

• Forum Member
    • DJ Hire
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 05:06:00 pm »
did you try what I suggested ??
My opinions, are mine !
They may, or may not reflect the views and opinions of other WinMX World Forum members !!
DJ Hire

Offline Agent Scully

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 12:13:44 pm »
I  am having te same problem.  I tried the suggestion and it hasn't made a difference.  Completed downloads still show as incomplete in the Library window AND in my hard drive folders - they have to be renamed manually, and it's looking like so much work at tis point that I haven't done that many - so it looks like I have almost nothing but incomplete files.  I think some users may be kicking me for this as well.  Truly incomplete files do not load in the Transfer window at all - I have to start over again from scratch.    :(

Oddly enough, these files DO show up as "normal" when I search for them, say, in WMPlayer.

I've been using WinMX for years and never had this problem.  The only difference I can think of is that this time, I am using a netbook with Windows 7 Starter Edition; previously I used either my PC with Windows 98, or my laptop with XP.

Anyone?? 

Offline Agent Scully

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 12:15:39 pm »
Oh, P.S. - per the original poster's issues....I'm not running anything through a firewall yet - the netbook is new-ish and I'm still playing around with it.

now just a guest

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 01:08:08 pm »
try giving your winmx the correct permissions so it can rename the files when they are finnished/complete Scully ;)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 05:23:27 pm »
Take a peek at this topic for a possible solution, there was a similar problem with this sort of thing when using Vista so some of the posts for that O/s may be helpful also

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=8134.0.html

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Downloads complete, but don't change from INCOMPLETE.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx