gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:20:23 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  "Big Buck Bunny" i LOLd
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: "Big Buck Bunny" i LOLd  (Read 928 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
"Big Buck Bunny" i LOLd
« on: June 23, 2010, 01:06:57 pm »
cant embed youtube vids here (which is both a good thing and a bad thing) but here is a little ~9min movie made completely with F/OSS tools and is completely free and legal to download....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7VzlLtp-4

to watch on youtube for those that like to stream rather than download or just wanna quick peek...
and of course;

http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/

mp4 (with ac3 surround) xvid theora and h.264 all the way from 480p to 1080p (and iapple ipod formatted ones)... along with dvd iso should you want to burn the dvd and uncompressed 'work' data....   ....and of course a link to buy the dvd should you wish to show your support... ;)

yeah yeah it was made in 2008 so im a bit behind on this one... wasnt even looking for something like this was looking for a theora test file and came across a tiny re-encoded theora version on wikipedia... ...i LOLd... so i had to get the 1080p version to play on the ps3 ;)

...as a side note... this is pixar quality stuff... 'toy story' may have amazed ppl in ~1994 but i think the home computers with massive cpu horsepower that are being churned out may eventually make pixar and its ilk obsolete.... or at least allow indie folks to give them a serious run for their money....

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: "Big Buck Bunny" i LOLd
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 05:27:02 pm »
Excellent little tale, with groups like this one turning out such skillful output and the elephants dream team release some time ago it sems there is plenty of talent around and showcasing their work in this way makes for a greater interest from the public, lets hope we see many more great shorts like this and if we are lucky a whole movie one day.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
Re: "Big Buck Bunny" i LOLd
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 05:28:41 pm »
Thanks for making me smile Stripes, luv'd it and i m gonna try to add it to my new Star phone's vid folder

and you re right ..great quality
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  "Big Buck Bunny" i LOLd

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx