gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 05, 2024, 05:48:09 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  How Did the Pie Info Team Get It So Wrong ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How Did the Pie Info Team Get It So Wrong ?  (Read 30426 times)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
Re: How Did the Pie Info Team Get It So Wrong ?
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2010, 02:26:04 am »
It 's an opening, i hope a good start of some positive change and i m verry glad some links are posted here (i hardly have the time to run from forum to forum because i do have some other stuff i like doing ...lol) even if it s not smart to bud in this conversaiton (i agree  on that too) if there something good going now ..then please nobody try and spoil it by upsetting anyone in this conversation

the first quote you made of Hell's words ..well i can understand his feelings about this and my first response in this thread was something similar (feelings were the same words were different ;) ), guess we all remember all the mudslinging that took place at that time...dreadfull if you ask me

i hope we/you are able to offer them something fair they can t refuse (refering to when i asked  what do we offer them) but really i trust that you guys will do or try to do just that  :yes: afterall there no copyright in the patch just the install has something of rights  added if i remember correct (silly for a filesharing app if you ask me but heyy life is silly sometimes)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2010, 02:28:32 am »
@blades;

text in the update bar is from the inclusion of mshtml.dll in the winmx client.... or in other words... if you can do it in internet explorer it can be done to a hosts users update bar.... could go as far as have a talking flash animation of some sort if you wanted to go that far... :P

@all of wmw and pie.... never in the life of this app did i even imagine this day would finally come.... color me surprised...

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2010, 02:29:19 am »
i know you re not asking me but that would depend if their mainbar would be text or html based ..maybe leo knows best?

EDIT: posted this while Stripes was posting the better answer ...whoops
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2010, 02:32:24 am »
keeping my fingers crossed too Stripes ..i ll even wiggle my tail if it would help  :butt:

Offline Savage Blades

• Forum Member
    • DJ Hire
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2010, 02:40:18 am »
I know it seems harsh to deny network access,
but ..."optional" update on a still working winmx would not be effective...
An optional update, would be as good as relying on a HOSTS user using PeerBlock etc..
we know it doesnt happen in enough cases :(:(

Oh of course, network connection could be very quickly restored, lol
just update the bloody thing will ya !!
My opinions, are mine !
They may, or may not reflect the views and opinions of other WinMX World Forum members !!
DJ Hire

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2010, 06:08:14 am »
If this has been answered, I'm sorry, but I wonder what the payoff is for Pie to keep on with doing nothing, or is this a great unknown? I figure they must think that keeping what they have has some advantage over changing things. Has anyone an idea why Pie might keep refusing to change? Unless we can get a handle on why they think as they do and what they think the pay off for their choices is, we'll never have a negotiated resolution; I just don't get a sense of their rationale.

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2010, 11:21:19 am »
It's difficult to say. Having sat on their side lines and watched, all I can think of is they are frightened of having their egos dented. Being shown you have an inferior system doesn't go down well with some people. A lack of commen sense may also be a deciding factor. It's difficult to see how you get round that until it's too late.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2010, 03:27:18 pm »
The attending reader of this thread should have noticed we are making certain progress in this matter, I fail to see what contribution the last posts have in this delicate step forward.

So please let us keep it friendly.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2010, 06:04:43 pm »
Now Joshua here's another, to make you smile
Talk about an "opinion set in stone"
Fortunately for winmx people like this haven't been a part of the recent threadS over on P.info.
A fresh take, a fresh voice, and patient, optimistic, unbiased words all help..

No because "people like this" Have been around long enough to realise something needs doing now and not in several months time if at all for the benefit of winmx users & one guy who claims to not be affiliated with the site having a change of opinion & one pie team member talking about a meeting is unlikely to change anything as the pie team as a whole cant even agree to disagree on pretty much anything let alone come to any kind of compromise with winmx world.

The attending reader of this thread should have noticed we are making certain progress in this matter, I fail to see what contribution the last posts have in this delicate step forward.

The last posts state what needs to be done & soon as possible as every day that passes yet more flooding of the network and more data harvesting occurs all things that compromise the users of winmx as a whole .... i personally don't see the need for delicate steps forward when common sense prevailing would get the whole situation sorted a hell of a lot quicker.

Loosing a few stubborn pie users who refuse to switch would be a small price to pay compaired to the amount that would be lost if the letters started dropping on peoples doormats from there isp or even worse members of the cartels.

Pie should get round the table as soon as possible to sort this matter or accept that winmx will have to move forward without them for the security of winmx as a whole... there is nothing delicate about that so the time for delicate negotiations are long past.

Offline Savage Blades

• Forum Member
    • DJ Hire
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2010, 06:28:25 pm »
Well everyone I answered a question for myself the simplest way to have a flashing link in the update bar was using a simple gif
Here is how it works
Now I hope to see some smiles, hehehe
http://www.absoluteclassdiscos.com.au/progress.htm
Enjoy
 :thumbs:
My opinions, are mine !
They may, or may not reflect the views and opinions of other WinMX World Forum members !!
DJ Hire

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2010, 07:43:08 pm »
That should do it  :yes: :D :D

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2010, 08:41:59 pm »
marquee, flashing whatever it does or how it will look  as long as they don t have to accept media player plugin to see it and the yellow light would  keep flashing hahaha

i hope it will be reality soon the sooner the better  :yes:

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2010, 08:42:49 pm »
:)  Thanks for making us smile Savage Blades. Ghostship, I hope you are getting better. :yes:
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Offline Savage Blades

• Forum Member
    • DJ Hire
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2010, 01:20:37 am »
Yeah the gif idea is simple enough to implement..
the layers of the gif can even have the update message in different languages..
So flashing, multiple languages, maximum impact !!

Is about maintaining the userbase of winmx, right ?

When I drove cabs back in Oz, I would watch people entering night clubs,
When approaching the testosterone charged bouncer, some, would say "Can I come in ?"
This is very dumb, it is giving the bouncer a choice, lol.
Much better to tip you hat, as you head in, and say "Hi, nice to see you again, your looking good tonight ! ", as you boldly walk on past him..
Trust me this works....lol, and there "is" a difference...
I have seen it get people into clubs, that they told me as we drove there that they, hope they can get in tonight, because they have tried before, and failed.

So, the new installer does not need to say "so much".. (about what it is doing.. ie. this will remove.... da da da )
Just do it's job and install Pie 3.7 !

True ?

My opinions, are mine !
DJ Hire

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2010, 07:42:06 am »
Pie 4.0...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2010, 08:12:39 am »
community pie 1.0  :?: :D

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2010, 08:16:21 am »
on second thought.. this might sound a bit dirty or extreme  hahahahahaa

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2010, 08:32:59 am »
I kinda like that 1 Joshua... or maybe a slight edit:  Community Pie Patch 1.0

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2010, 08:43:40 am »
Just so you all know where we are at:  we have made contact with some members of the pie info team and asked them to try to arrange a full team meeting both amongst themselves and of course give us notification of a time and place we can discuss this threat with them, the sticking point atm is that their group like our own has folks spread about the globe and getting them all together in a single point in time is not easy and some members are simply not about for them to contact yet.

I,m not sure how long we wait but its good grace to wait some period I,m sure you all agree, I can only hope that they take this matter very seriously and give it the urgent atention it deserves.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2010, 08:57:29 am »
Yeah the gif idea is simple enough to implement..
the layers of the gif can even have the update message in different languages..
So flashing, multiple languages, maximum impact !!

Is about maintaining the userbase of winmx, right ?

When I drove cabs back in Oz, I would watch people entering night clubs,
When approaching the testosterone charged bouncer, some, would say "Can I come in ?"
This is very dumb, it is giving the bouncer a choice, lol.
Much better to tip you hat, as you head in, and say "Hi, nice to see you again, your looking good tonight ! ", as you boldly walk on past him..
Trust me this works....lol, and there "is" a difference...
I have seen it get people into clubs, that they told me as we drove there that they, hope they can get in tonight, because they have tried before, and failed.

So, the new installer does not need to say "so much".. (about what it is doing.. ie. this will remove.... da da da )
Just do it's job and install Pie 3.7 !

True ?

Theres no need to use a gif you could use PHP and HTML instead to detect the language automatically and display a custom message in their own language. You can even have the msg scroll past the menubar instead of having it flashing etc

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  How Did the Pie Info Team Get It So Wrong ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 26 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx