gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 01:34:54 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  uploads/downloads/searches
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: uploads/downloads/searches  (Read 1546 times)

Offline alli

• Forum Member
uploads/downloads/searches
« on: April 14, 2010, 12:42:27 pm »
os vista.  winmx works fine if i use my speedtouch modem to connect to i/net etc.   but when i try to use my livebox either on wireless connection or ethernet cable i get no search results (or very few) and uploads timeout waiting for connection.   I am no expert on this. !!  I hv tried primary and secondary connections and with "unable to accept udp/tcp  connections" box ticked??  Hv tried switching firewall off. - and
hv also ticked box to allow tcp/udp connections thru the firewall.    Any idea what i need to do?... :secret: :/

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: uploads/downloads/searches
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 12:53:54 pm »
as far as im aware, the "unable to accept udp/tcp  connections" box should be unticked,
i admit i dont know what a livebox is, i know when a friend uses his xbox it tends to lag the room he hosts so bad upto half the people fall out.
it could be a similar issue where your live box wants 99% of your bandwidth.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline alli

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 05:14:11 pm »
Livebox is a  like a router i think.  i can use either an ethernet cable line or wireless connection.  I only check/tick the "unable to accpet tcp (and udp data) as an alternative measure and when I select  a secondary connection to the network.    Whatever i try doesnt seem to work for some reason.   As I said previously when I use a speedtouch dialup modem the system works fine ?? !!

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 06:26:30 pm »
Just a few questions for you.

What is the model number of your livebox?
Are you using a dialup connection with it?
What ISP do you have?

Being a router/switch there should be more then 1 ethernet port on the back of it. You should also be able to connect to the wireless as well as the ethernet simultaneously.

Here is a link to a wiki page for Livebox. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Livebox

LZ 100

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 04:40:46 pm »
Someone told me that my router's firewall is preventing me from uploading or downloading. I went into the router to discover I don't know what I am doing. Can I get some help please.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 05:29:08 pm »
hi,

you can go to portforward.com, pick your router from the list, skip the advertisement about not wanting to do it manually, then pick winmx from the list and follow the exact steps

i hope this helped alittle ;) , greetings,
...Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  uploads/downloads/searches

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx