gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:37:36 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Ofcom unveils anti-piracy policy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ofcom unveils anti-piracy policy  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
Ofcom unveils anti-piracy policy
« on: May 28, 2010, 02:09:59 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10183820.stm

Lists of Britons who infringe copyright are to be drawn up by the UK's biggest ISPs, under proposals from the regulator Ofcom.

The plan is contained in a draft code of practice it hopes will curb copyright infringement.

Names and the number of times individuals infringe will be logged.

Music firms and movie studios can request details from the list they can decide whether to start their own action against serial infringers.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: Ofcom unveils anti-piracy policy
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 03:31:42 pm »
Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 05:42:43 pm »
It's worth noting that this is only a draft. There's a likelyhood that this bill will receive further attention in the UK parliament. Several of the ISPs mentioned have already said that they are not prepared to cooperate. There's still a chance that this may be thrown out in it's present foremat.

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 06:00:04 pm »
I noticed that this thread was locked. I know of no reason why. I have unlocked it.

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:16:18 pm »
Why would someone lock such a thread ?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:27:08 pm »
This simply backs up my position on blocking data miners and attackers from the network, once again the finger of blame points in the direction of Sabre the anti p2p employee of the month.

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 06:35:45 pm »

Lets hope this whole idea gets scrapped because if our own  ISP`S have to log on our activities and complie reports that can then be used by media groups to persue us we will have to start using vpn and such like just to mask our selves from our ISP :(

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 06:44:58 pm »

As for Sabre it does make one wonder why Sabres ips are appearing in anti p2p blocklist ranges being classed as under investigation.......................

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 07:23:11 pm »
I,m not aware of such investigations Blitzen, but they do appear on our blocklist quite simply because we dont want community patched users being indexed into Sabres logs that he keeps of the users IP's and also to ensure that community patched primaries are not filled up with host file secondaries which we hope prevents the host file primaries offering further open slots to flooders and attackers.

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 07:45:06 pm »

It is a Bluetack list called rangetest   descrp is "Contains addresses of suspicious IP's that are under investigation."  the 205.238.*.*  range but only Bluetack could comment why that range is under investigation, we all know Bluetack can be a bit errrrr.......................

http://iblocklist.com/list.php?list=bt_rangetest

Probably nothing in it i just thought i would mention it.

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 07:52:34 pm »

the 65.  IP can also be found on the Business blocklist  you can read the desrcp here http://iblocklist.com/list.php?list=jcjfaxgyyshvdbceroxf

Use the search list function for any ip on the site see what lists if any it is on.

Like i said Probably nothing in it and maybe it just highlights why majority here do not like third party blocklists.....................

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 10:36:40 pm »
More boring paranoia crap from Birdman...

Just remember that...

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 06:36:09 am »

Bluey yet again you comment out of your backside, why don`t you go find some 2 or 3 year old thread to reply to as usual. But in response:

Ofcom draft   is "FACT"    it is important heads up for UK people
Sabres ips according to the wmw blocklists can be found within ip ranges on third party blocklists as being under investigation  "FACT"   that was in response to ghosts reply.

Iam guessing it was also you who locked this thread earlier too for no reason. God knows why your allowed such authority as surely the whole Raven saga should of shown your incompetent.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 10:47:25 am »
Birdman,
please have some respect for Raven, she is no longer with us,
and you are getting off-topic.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 11:46:32 am »
and, Max, contrary to what one loony might have you believe, i had nothing to do with Raven's demise, nor did i 'cause' anything, as he has suggested elsewhere, indeed, i had to endure her AND his abuse...

My crime?

Being too sensible and not getting all uptight like him, just like in here...

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 08:23:21 pm »
Lets keep to the topic please folks, I know its hard to resist a perceived slight or jibe but looking at the long picture here we all care about WinMX and should remember we represent it not just to each other but to anyone else who may pass by this site on the net, fighting amongst ourselves is self defeating and a waste of good chatting time, as an old lady once told me "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it" I think I know where she was coming from and bow to her wise words, I urge you all to do the same  :yes:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Ofcom unveils anti-piracy policy

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx