gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 08:21:07 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  A Suggestion For An Improvement
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Suggestion For An Improvement  (Read 3274 times)

Offline PixieDust2010

• Forum Member
A Suggestion For An Improvement
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:03:17 am »
Dear Person(S),

I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to post suggestions, but for a current lack of a better place I will post my suggestion here.

It would be very helpful, when a person is serching on files to select for download, to have the WinMX program search you shared directories and highlight any files you may already have downloaded in your share directories highlighted in a different color, as does files in your download directory highlight when you have that file name in your current files to download directory when they are present, or currently in your download que or currently downloaqding.

This may seem like somewhat of a trivial request to some persons, but to avid, dedicated traders, who have thousands of share files, and hundreds of files in various states of completion at all times, beleive me, wasting time downloading a file you already have is very frustrating and a total waste of time.

Thank You in advance for considering my suggestion.

Sincerely,

PixieDust2010

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
Re: A Suggestion For An Improvement
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 03:06:45 am »
Unfortunately WinMX development ceased in 2005. The creator/s of the program (known as Frontcode) abandoned WinMX at that time under duress from the RIAA.

This site (WinMXWorld.com) is simply a community site run by volunteers and like-minded individuals who enjoy WinMX and as such we don't have the capability to change the WinMX client. For all intense and purposes we are a fan site with limited influence. Although we do operate some servers to enable the old client to connect and function our capability pretty much ends there. That is until or if we get a brand new client. It has been 5 years now and no new client capable of replacing WinMX has arrived.

Sorry to bring you the bad news!

Edited by Tig

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 03:07:25 am »
For some reason my post has been scored out even though I never used any commands .. and I cant edit it lol (Can we PLEASE get an edit function that is forum wide?)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 11:54:49 pm »
No Pri, when we first set up the forum we had such a feature turned on by default but after a few cases of abuse with users going back on old posts to change something they said and abuse others we turned it off, sorry about that but its the way it is because of such people and all have to suffer because of these "challenged" folks.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:48:39 am »
Add a timer? -- My forum times out edits after 5 minutes.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 02:47:34 am »
I can write up at least three revisions in 5 minutes and if they occur in the middle of some drama fuelled posting war things can go seriously awry if I had malicious intent.

Can I suggest you use the preview button before submitting any posts, any made in error after that will of course be edited to your wishes by a site admin upon request, this will ensure all posts if modified are then recorded as having been edited and when and with some sort of independant oversight should the new post appear to be at odds with the flavour and context demonstrated in the original one.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 04:17:25 am »
to the op: pixiedust2010;

use something like amarok http://amarok.kde.org/ (note: windows port is still alpha), itunes, windows media player (note: itunes and windows media dont natively support ogg or flac files...), the winamp media library (if winamp still has that function.. the lightning bolt logo in the corner used to open it..), or other similar 'media library' software (google is your friend) to organise your collection so you can have at least a search function for your data to hopefully reduce doubles....

windows own search function can even help in this regard..... be creative... :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  A Suggestion For An Improvement

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx