gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 04:22:15 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Letter to Myself From Douglas Carswell M.P From My Local District
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Letter to Myself From Douglas Carswell M.P From My Local District  (Read 934 times)

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
Thank you very much for writing to me about the Digital Economy Act.  I do have some concerns about the Act, but I think we should wait and see whether the concerns that you share are justified.  I think this is indeed a complex area, but I am currently open-minded.  I do think it is important to recognise that people do have property rights and that it is important to ensure that the property rights and copyright are not violated.  There does need to be some form of sanction available against persistent violation of people's property rights.  However, I think we should wait and see whether this Act does what it is meant to do or if it turns out to be a bit of a sledge hammer missing a nut.We shall soon see.

take it as u will ppl :/

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: Letter to Myself From Douglas Carswell M.P From My Local District
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 12:26:13 pm »
Nice bit of fence sitting :)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:41:47 pm »
I have to say if the legislation is so poorly worded that an MP is unable to see the scope and ramifications of it surely something is amiss and we should be asking what sort of person is unable to see a problem with one sided legislation that delivers nothing in the way of a fair deal for both the consumer in general and those unjustly accused by multi-billionaires ?

Justice seems up for sale to the highest bidder in the UK houses of parliament, or as my old dad told me, "if they look like rats, sound like rats, and got shifty eyes, thems rats boy.

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:15:12 am »
A pity this MP thinks that seeing the effect of legislation after everything is done and dusted is the way to go, instead of, say, getting off his backside and asking a few questions first.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Letter to Myself From Douglas Carswell M.P From My Local District

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx