gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 10:30:13 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  Modified WCB FileFinder plugin with Result Amount Selection
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Modified WCB FileFinder plugin with Result Amount Selection  (Read 9039 times)

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
Some have asked me how they can edit the File Finder plugin for WCB so that they can increase the amount of results when someone uses !Find -- I explained they needed the source code and so on and that obviously turns many people away from attempting it so I've decided to just do it and release it here.

This is based on the KM version of the File Finder plugin available from mxstuff.org, he wrote it I've just made a minor edit here. In the File Finder tab on your WCB you will see a new text box that is marked 'Result Amount:' by default it is set to 5, you can set this to whatever you want. The amount of results will change instantly, no need to restart your bot.

I also took the liberty of removing KM's anti-winmxworld message in the code which appears when you search for a certain filename (I'm sure you are all aware of it so I won't digress).

If anyone wants the source code (this really is just a minor edit) just ask here on the forum and I'll dig it out.

Download: http://www.mxpulse.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=235

Feel free to host / share it wherever.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
Re: Modified WCB FileFinder plugin with Result Amount Selection
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 05:47:21 pm »
Thnx Pri, sounds intresting to test and use in the future when i ll have more time.. downloaded and saved for later
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 05:50:05 pm »
PS ..you did make me curious about the file making this message popup, i can imagine the content of the message but not the file hahaha, we all know he was verry upset when he left WMW :yes:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 09:49:14 pm »
So where the 40,000 folks the winmx community lost when he turned the caches off with no warning.

If anyone should be angry its those left to pick up the mess after his less than honourable retirement.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 12:29:00 am »
well i don t think you want a discission about this GS so why start one now after all this time?

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 01:57:13 am »
I didn't mean to start a discussion about KM here sorry. I just included the information about the removal of his message as I thought it was relevant to disclose all the edits.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 04:26:59 am »
Nice one Pri, thanks for posting it :)

Offline ¿Åliçe

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 08:03:53 am »
 :)     huge thanks Pri

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 11:27:47 am »
Good work Pri, thank you for posting your modified version.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 12:05:47 pm »
I,ll make a deal with you Joshua you try not to think for me and I,ll try not to think for you  ;)

Many folks read these columns and some may not have been aware of just why KM added a silly message, I wanted their to be no ambiguity or second guessing, plain facts and transparency are respected by most folks.

I am pleased however that this Project of KM's is seeing some daylight, its just a pity the sillyness extends to not allowing us to host or offer any of his MxStuff work, but we have to respect his choice on the matter.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 01:29:32 pm »
first of all making a  deal takes at least two people ;)

the reason why i said what i said was just that it s so damned easy to give a one sided view on the matter when someone is not arround anymore to defend himself, i m sure you remember your part in thát deal better than any of us

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 03:18:09 pm »
I didnt make a deal with KM reguarding mxstuff stuff,
i do host for download WCS (the last version by Mind) as well as WCB (with its cache set to winmxworld) as well as most of the plugins for WCB,

and thanks to Pri updating the file finder plugin, its all good.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 09:18:21 pm »
When someone unilateraly turns off peer caches Joshua there is no "deal" , same as there was no warning.

You may be willing to delude yourself on this matter but as I was the one who had to pick up the mess caused by trusting KM I am never going to be so charitable, he has a good guy when he wanted to be but when he left users in the lurch instead of allowing others to take the responsibility out of his hands he gave up a large portion of respect, I,m not sure what stories you may have read but the truth is rather more down to earth, he left and he left a mess behind him, that at least is clear to anyone who was around at that time.

I,m wondering just why anyone would think its ok to dump so many users in a single day ?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 09:36:44 pm »
i really don t want this discussion Ghost, but you seem to forget i was arround at that time, all i m trying to say is... let it be .. stop this digging up the same old story, we have a lot to be thankfull for (ok the sutdown was not nice but he was verry verry angry at WMW at that time)

a few months ago he handed you the winmxgroup domain ... you re still using  rewrites of his ideas both peer and patch

oooh and i refered to the deal you wanted to make with me lol ... i did not claim there was a deal at shutdown time ;)

i m sure you know how i feel about loosing users (i get pretty upset just thinking about it) but hey this is the past and he s not here to defend himself

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 09:58:46 pm »
This seems like a good time to make clear that we are not using KM's ideas or code as he is not the one who thought of the blocking patch, ask him yourself if you dont believe me or go to Slycks and search the winmx section of their forum for the original idea by "7" that KM implemented.
KM also didnt invent the peer cache nor design the one we have now and it doesnt work the same way his did, if your going to say stuff its best if you could at least get the facts right.

I have a long memory and you asking me to forget certain things that are burned into that memory is not something thats going to happen just yet, we can agree I hope that he was a skilled programming talent and a clever chap who did a lot for WinMx but he detracted much of his credit by other actions that impacted on thousands of folks, in short great skill but poor focus.

There is in fact little more to say on this from my point of view, most folks know what he did and why he left here the way he did, thus my point is made, like it or not.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 10:06:00 pm »
okay let s agree to disagree then

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  Modified WCB FileFinder plugin with Result Amount Selection

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 26 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx