gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 03:28:40 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Microsoft debuts bipolar battery technology, Duracell endorses
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Microsoft debuts bipolar battery technology, Duracell endorses  (Read 704 times)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft-debuts-bipolar-battery-technology-Duracell-endorses/1278014736

Battery-maker Duracell has already endorsed the system, although the technology would not affect the way a battery is made -- more how the electronics are manufactured. It would work with CR123, AA, AAA, C, and D batteries, the company says.

While the technology may sound at first like something not too useful, the benefits are in less-than-ideal situations where battery changes aren't easy -- say in dark or inclement conditions, or where speed is necessary. One could say Microsoft's latest invention is one out of convenience more than anything.

"Battery installation is typically not a high driver of product tech support calls by itself, but it can be a factor for a bad customer experience and unspoken frustration with a product - leading to reduced customer loyalty," the company argues in promotional documents for the technology.

Microsoft will make InstaLoad available for licensing immediately, which would be royalty-free when used in accessibility devices such as those used for persons with disabilities. It says the technology is aimed at those devices which may require frequent battery changes.

Could be ineteresting let me know if anyone has tried it.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Microsoft debuts bipolar battery technology, Duracell endorses
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 02:54:06 pm »
....youve got to be kidding me.... accessability devices i will give them 100% .. its perfect for that (ever seen grampa fiddle with a hearing aid battery) .. but for common use? i dunno if youd call that 'convenience' or just plain lazy...

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 02:25:10 am »
This is the best idea ever. I hate how many people don't know how to put batteries in correctly lol.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 02:01:44 am »
ahh, but theres a $ in it for M$...

they become M$$?
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 04:36:53 am »
..i just figure the 'ol coppertop will end up with a blue bottom.... and this wont really go anywhere...

http://www.eneloop.info/ <--- those and a smart charger... last batteries youll ever need according to many digicam users (i have yet to experence them myself... was a planned investment before the economy collapsed... ...had lots of things planned before the collapse... ..im happy i still have a roof over me head... ...sorry for that... just helps to get stuff like that out sometimes...)

rayovac hybrid work well too... those i can vouch for.....

laptop and other smart batteries (other than iProduct which needs to be replaced at the iProduct store) can usually be inserted only one way.... often a very strict way.... (for good reason... lithium batts go 'boom' really well)

as for this bipolar battery.... i wonder if the lithium versions will 'cure' themselves.... :P

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Microsoft debuts bipolar battery technology, Duracell endorses

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx