gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 10:47:47 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Aussie Filtering????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aussie Filtering????  (Read 496 times)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Aussie Filtering????
« on: July 07, 2010, 03:28:05 pm »
http://www.p2pnet.net/story/41532

Under new leadership, the Oz government’s commitment to instituting what’s euphemistically called a net ‘filter’ is starting to look a little shaky.

Mandatory ISP filtering legislation will be “out by November”, Aarnet has the scheme’s frontman, Stephen Conroy, stating. And “Sooner rather than later.”

But, he goes on, “does this mean December? No, I wouldn’t think it would be. But there could be intervening events I can’t be in control of.”

Nor is it by any means certain the Labour Party will survive an election.

For now, prime minister Julia Gillard (right) is quoted as saying she “recognised community concerns about the filter” and that “Conroy was working on a resolution”.

‘Concerns’ have of course been evident ever since the blacklist-based ‘filter’ was mooted under Kevin Rudd’s government long before he was deposed by Gillard.

Now “Stephen Conroy is working to get this in the right shape,” Arnet has her declaring.

“I understand that there’s a set of technical concerns about Internet speed and also concerns that this somehow accidentally doesn’t move into taking away legitimate use of the Internet.”

“It’s not my intention that we jeopardise legitimate use of the Internet.

And “It’s the same as I’ve been saying for the last few months, which is we’ve been consulting on the accountability and transparency measures,” says Conroy.

“That’s what she’s been referring to the same as I’ve been saying for a month or two now.”

Another interesting area to see what happens over the next few months.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Aussie Filtering????

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx