gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 12:06:24 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  What's so great about ares?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What's so great about ares?  (Read 935 times)

Offline shamil

• Forum Member
What's so great about ares?
« on: August 15, 2010, 01:18:01 pm »
I used it once years ago and wasn't too impressed really. Sure it's better than kazaa, morpheus, limewire, etc. But, upon second glance from hearing what some people here say about it, is that it's not too bad.

At the same time not the greatest. It has been infiltrated by the media cartels, fake files are a big problem on the network. Then there are some things i don't know. Like is it's chat better or worse, or even if it has a friends list. It appears that ares is still eclipsed by winmx in handiness, features, and what you can find on there, even despite winmx's current state of no encryption with file transfer. When you get down to it, also that ares is just no where near as cool or fun to use as winmx.

Thoughts and other people's experiences with the p2p?

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: What's so great about ares?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 01:51:11 pm »
Hiya,
well i did look into ares a while back,
i found the chat was like 1 basic room, ascii pics was unheard of, and as for the 'bot' all it was, it was just like a program called kickit that was rcms for windows 98 when hosting, you can kick people, have auto admins login's and that was it, thats all it did
hence i havent been back.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: What's so great about ares?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 08:07:50 pm »
ares chat uses html now so basically imagination is the limit in the art department... its open source (borland delphi)... but fakes can be a problem so use peerblock... builtin audio player uses directshow so it doesnt support ogg (but it will open an external player for them)... tho i never tried it with the dshow ogg codecs installed...

supports bittorrent (no uTP tho) and has a bittorrent-esque file transfer in its own system... (can quite often be a pain to get proper sources but when it works it works... and the queueing system is based on peices rather than whole files...)

the client is honestly not all that bad.... its the cartel making using it hell.... and are they ever doing a good job of it... ugh...

and no im not advertising for them i was honestly impressed with the client itself...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  What's so great about ares?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx