gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 02:26:21 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Apple fixes one iPhone bug as another appears
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Apple fixes one iPhone bug as another appears  (Read 1032 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Apple fixes one iPhone bug as another appears
« on: July 16, 2010, 10:45:16 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10659123

Apple has issued a fix for one problem with the iPhone as reports start to emerge of another bug.

An iPhone software update has corrected the way that different versions of the handset display signal strength.

But some users are reporting that an earlier update means their 3GS phones now drop far more calls than before.

The news comes as Apple prepares for a news conference in which it is expected to address the ongoing iPhone 4 antenna problem.

Having sorted the problem ?????? Apple then do another press release .... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10665424

"Apple offers free iPhone 4 cases"

Apple is offering a free case to every owner of its iPhone 4.

Apple boss Steve Jobs unveiled the offer at a press conference called to tackle the ongoing speculation about the iPhone 4's antenna problem.

The case will help overcome a widely reported issue in which phone signal strength was drained when the phone was held a certain way.

Declaring "We're not perfect", Mr Jobs said reception problems were endemic throughout the smartphone industry.

To get their free case, owners will be able to apply via the Apple website from 22 July. Mr Jobs said Apple could not make enough for all owners of the phone but would source a supply and offer a range of cases.

Based on retail prices of iPhone cases, supplying one to all three million customers could cost Apple about $180m (£118m).

And Finally ....... Apple have announced that they will do a refund on the iPhone 4. That hardly sounds like they have fixed their problem to me.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: Apple fixes one iPhone bug as another appears
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:54:29 pm »
lets face it...

It's a POS...

Nokia's rule!
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:29:02 am »
First of all if you're going to bring these news stories to the wmw forum at least know what you're talking about instead of just grabbing the bits and pieces you want to use as quote. Proper sentence structure and spelling would be nice as well to sound professional.

The hard facts are what really matter:

Only 0.55% of iPhone 4 owners have complained to Apple about the signal "problem"
The return rates of the iPhone 4 are 1/3 of the iPhone 3GS.

Almost every phone has this exact same problem and by holding them a certain way you can watch your bars go from 4 to 1 in a matter of seconds.

Apple is issuing free bumpers to everyone who buys an iPhone which fixes the "problem" if people think it's a problem.

Apple announced that anyone can return their iPhone for a full refund a few weeks ago.. this is not new.

The fact of the matter is this is just blown out of proportion and you only really hear of the negatives. The 0.55%!

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 02:59:37 am »
Vice is drinking the Apple Koolaid. This phone is a piece of junk and should be recalled. The antenna design of the iPhone is the worst of any smart phone on the market. Simply applying a single finger to the bridge on the left side makes it lose all signal you don't even need to grip it. That doesn't happen with my iPhone 3GS or any other Smart Phone, you have to practically insert the other phones in to an orifice of your body to get them to lose signal.

Apple will never issue a recall they are to stuck up to admit a failing with a product. One thing that makes me laugh is when they introduced the new iPhone 4 they said the new antenna system would make the signal better and now that the stats are in it actually turns out that the iPhone 4 drops more calls than the 3GS does (Apples own confirmation on that). Did they even bother to test this new Antenna design or just assume Bigger = Better.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 03:32:09 am »
....that the stats are in it actually turns out that the iPhone 4 drops more calls than the 3GS does (Apples own confirmation on that)....

At least my koolaid goes almost 3 times as far as cola.

And the more dropped calls is less than one more per 100 calls. Not real significant.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 05:02:47 am »
@vice; you argue small values and claim one small value is better than the other? i fail to see the logic...

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 06:45:55 am »
Sorry Vice, I didn't realise you were part of Apples PR team.  I just post it as I, and the rest of the world, see it. What's the matter did you go out and buy one? ;)

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 07:38:37 am »
I happen to know he did buy one yes :P

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Apple fixes one iPhone bug as another appears

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx