gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:24:17 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Poor downloads, timed out uploads
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Poor downloads, timed out uploads  (Read 2611 times)

Offline allenx1966

• Forum Member
Poor downloads, timed out uploads
« on: July 14, 2010, 02:53:10 am »
ok,start with where i was. i had and old linksys router,worked fine for a long time. it was set up with a static ip, which i call a permanent ip. i am no router expert. when i first had it, winmx stopped working and i got tech help from linksys ,and problem was solved when they helped me set up a static ip. i also changed the udp and tcp default ports just for added help. for a couple years of more,this worked fine and i have been very happy with winmx and recommended it to lots of people. then all of the sudden the uploads started failing and searches only became possible on SECONDARY connection and downloads probably became about 80% less successful . i tried a few things, checked firewall and all the typical stuff, no help. since we been adding laptops and other wireless items i decided maybe it was time to update my router since it was over 3 years old.

fast forward .... i got a new Valet Plus router. tried winmx again ..... same issues , the uploads started failing and searches only became possible on SECONDARY connection and downloads probably became about 80% less successful . i did a static ip with and without port forwarding, no help. i did port forwarding, no help. i did all the typical things everyone suggests. i was not fond of having a static ip anyway,so that does not upset me it failed.

i got 3 pcs,all having same issues. one self built, one hp ,one toshiba. i have time warner cable in western ohio (dayton) , i use windows security essentials, ValetPLus router, i am pretty good with pc maintenance and all 3 pc's run great. i am using  v3.54 beta 4 . 

i really like winmx, but i thought maybe it was time to make the move to a torrent program, talk about hard to setup,understand and find older songs ...GEESH. so i decided one more time to figure out what is up with winmx.

anyone help me get winmx back to working great again?

Offline allenx1966

• Forum Member
Re: Poor downloads, timed out uploads
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 03:02:24 am »
oh yea, i use vista basic on 1 pc, vista home premium on other, and vista 64 bit on 3rd pc. all have same issue

all my versions of windows have all their updates

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Poor downloads, timed out uploads
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 03:50:46 am »
use winmx only on one computer at a time... (this will prevent confusion while getting it working right)

if searches work secondary then most likely the problem is that your ports arent forwarded correctly... both the udp and tcp ports need to be open to the outside world...

6699 for tcp
6257 for udp

are default

http://www.whatsmyip.org/ports/
can be used to test the tcp port but will most likely not work on udp... (if its closed or times out keep reading..)

if you are using the patch from  https://patch.winmxconex.com then uPnP should forward the ports automatically...
some routers may have troubles and you have to do it manually however....

https://www.winmxworld.com/help/troubleshooting-guide.html -- if you cant find help there try the help channel;
WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE

simply type (or copy/paste) it in the 'filter' bar and hit enter.. you dont even need to be connected to winmx to connect to the channel...

there are many there that can help if the site itself doesnt have the information you need... ...including those that can test your ports and even set them for you should the need arise.. 

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Poor downloads, timed out uploads

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx